Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
week09.jpg

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of us had a bad week.....I'm blaming it on the 4th of July and moving on! :drinker:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have had an awful bad 3 weeks. Broke up with my partner of 5 years, stopped smoking, and piled on 9lbs!!!! The amazing thing is throughout the whole 3 weeks, I never stopped exercising! (I needed a form of venting off all my fustrations). Again, was not particularly overeating, so how I managed to gain that 9lb is a great mystery!!!!:grumble: However, it is TOTM for me but 9lb!?! Thanks for listening to my grumble.x
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I have had an awful bad 3 weeks. Broke up with my partner of 5 years, stopped smoking, and piled on 9lbs!!!! The amazing thing is throughout the whole 3 weeks, I never stopped exercising! (I needed a form of venting off all my fustrations). Again, was not particularly overeating, so how I managed to gain that 9lb is a great mystery!!!!:grumble: However, it is TOTM for me but 9lb!?! Thanks for listening to my grumble.x

You have a had a difficult couple of weeks. If you aren't eating very healthy and drinking water, you could be retaining water. Also, look at your alcohol consumption. I was struggling weighloss until I stopped drinking. I realized I was drinking almost 3500 calories/week in beer. after I stopped :sick:

Congratulations on quiting smoking and I really hope things get easier for you.
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Also, look at your alcohol consumption. I was struggling weighloss until I stopped drinking.

You are absolutely on the mark there...I did drank quite a bit throughout the 3 weeks...hic :wink:

Thanks hon for your advice and encouragement
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of us had a bad week.....I'm blaming it on the 4th of July and moving on! :drinker:

I wish I could blame it all on that but it's a new week and as you say, movin' on!:flowerforyou: I want to crack 10 lbs by end of month so badly!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    AZWildcatnNC - you can do it!!!! Stay focused on your goal, exercise, drink that water - make smart food choices - YOU WILL DO IT!

hgam-sounds like it's been tough but just think if you had not exercised what # that 9 would have been - keep working at it - I find exercise is absolutely the BEST stress reliever - I swear I am 10 times happier when I've exercised that when I didn't.

Rach - hope your neighbor is ok. - you know, just to say it - I am so happy things are going so well for you with the beau! You deserve it!

Thanks San!!

Everyone have a fantastic healthy weekend!!! I am going to pick out a Victorian Bulldog puppy today - we can't get it for 3 weeks but we're picking her (I hope its a her) out! I am excited like a little kid in Toys R Us!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello Blue Team!! Great to see everyone here, plugging along!

Congrats Chrissy on gettin' your puppy!! It will be lots of fun!! Maybe a jogging buddy for you?? :bigsmile:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Everyone have a fantastic healthy weekend!!! I am going to pick out a Victorian Bulldog puppy today - we can't get it for 3 weeks but we're picking her (I hope its a her) out! I am excited like a little kid in Toys R Us!

Please post a pic when you get it. I :heart: puppies!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Awww! Im trying to adopt a half boston terrior, half pug... But others are looking at her too so whichever home seems best for the dog gets her :frown: I hope its me! I have the PERFECT home! Ah well.. We will see! Bulldogs are soooooooooo cute!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    We just get to see them and pick one out today - they aren't ready to leave mom yet. Boston Terriers and pugs are GREAT dogs. I get to leave to go in 5 minutes - trying to inhale a quick lunch first
  • AZWildcatnNC
    Options
    Please post a pic when you get it. I :heart: puppies!

AGREED! I couldn't wait 3 weeks - er, I could, but it'd be like waking up Christmas morning when I was little and not being able to open presents till my parents got up. Happy puppy picking!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Last week was so bad I had to actually sit down and rewrite my goals. Now I have them posted where I can see them with time limits. SO I am a bit more accountable. This can be done!!:bigsmile:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hello beautiful blues!! :flowerforyou:

Well, I didn't weigh in the week before, but I was down to 245 and went up to 247 this week. But, I have been having a rough few weeks with a birthday, 4th of July, vacation #1 and now I'm on vacation #2! My mom decided (queen of spontaneous action she is) to go to the beach today. We got up at 3:45 a.m. and drove 6 hours to get here. I had fiber one cereal for breakfast, a fiber one bar for a snack and then - of course - seafood for dinner. But, I didn't stuff myself, so I was proud! We got some frozen custard later for around 200 calories. We've also done a lot of walking today!

Rach - I have read about the new guy! I am SO happy for you!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: You truly deserve that.

Chrissy - you continue to be a huge inspiration. :smile:

debnu1 - you're right! this CAN be done! we can do it...

sanifrey - love your new pics!!
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted say I'm still here.

hgam--My doctor told me years ago that it is nearly impossible to lose weight if you are stressed. Something about a chemical that your body produces makes it very difficult to lose weight. So, it will get better. :)

I've been doing so much better this month. My boyfriend and I set a goal for Aug 1, so that has helped keep me on track. I don't want him to succeed and I don't. He doesn't need to lose weight really, so his goal is to run 5 miles. My goal is 162lbs.....which will put me at the lowest I've been since we starting dating in Nov 2007. I'm sick this week, but still watching what I eat and working out some, but not as much as I should. Anyway, I hope you all are doing well. Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I finally got a workout in today. I haven't done anything since I ran my 5K last sunday. I have been so stressed, but I figured working out helps reduce my stress so I got on the new treadmill and did 2.25 miles! I feel great now. I am hoping that I will see a change on the scale within the next few weeks. :)

I hope that everyone makes healthy choices today! :flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I just got back from the beach and I realized I had gained a pound!:grumble: The 4th was beautiful . . . some locals were shooting fireworks off the beach. Very relaxing, but I need to get back on track with my eating and exercising now.

crissyh - that's so exciting that you're getting a dog! I want one soooo badly, but there's no room for one right now. I guess I'll just keep hoping!

Rach - you seem really happy! Congrats on the new bf!

GO BLUES!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I found out the solution to my candy problem! I took the bag of mints and put it in a Ziploc with a bag of licorice (which I HATE:mad: :laugh: ). Now, whenever I open the bag to get a mint, the smell of licorice comes out and I close the bag before I have a chance to grab one!:happy:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Leigh - great new pic!

Here's my little lulu at 3 weeks - we get her on the 29th....sorry pic is so big
    P9080454.jpg

So new goals for me starting this week - Strength 3x per week, cardio at 3x days....1 day rest...next week will be a challenge-I am off on vacation but I can do it - I WILL DO IT!!!! 80 oz of water daily....spread calories out all day not a heavy amount at supper.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi, is it too late to join this group?
  • AZWildcatnNC
    Options
    fitgal - love your solution to the candy thing! Very creative.

Chrissy - what a sweetie pie. Congrats on the new baby!

So not sure where I am in losing that weight that I gained last weigh in, but had son's birthday party yesterday. I was fine at the party, but then we had leftovers and I had no willpower. Also, so exhausted after watching five 4 through 6 years olds I didn't exercise. Does just watching that much energy being used up count somehow??? DH and I were laughing because we don't remember ever being that way as children, but I think our parents would probably disagree! :happy: