My 1st 5K

Options
2»

Replies

• DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love it. I can just imagine all the wonderful emotions you had. Way to go on doing something many people just talk about. Can't wait to do my first one later in the year. Thinking of traveling to do the Run For Your Lives Zombie 5k. :)

Big grats on your huge accomplishment!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I have my first 5k race coming up and have the same fears as you do..your story brought tears of emotion to my eyes. you have achieved something spectacular and have inspired me to try and replicate what you did today.

Thank you so very much for sharing such a wonderful,wonderful moment of your life.
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    good job
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    YAAAAY!!!!!
    tumblr_m0hsj2qcMb1qb7a58.gif
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Happy Mother's Day!
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    This just seriously made me cry! I'm totally having to send you a friend request! I'm doing my first 5K on July 4th!

Happy Mothers Day!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome story!!! Congrats on finishing your 5km. I will be doing one on the 27th and have the same fears you had. I know I can walk it because I walked 5km yesterday but I really want to jog part of the way.
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You deserve to take a few moments and bask in your glory. I just did my first 5K on Saturday and I can't wait to try it again.
    There is NOTHING we can't accomplish if we set our minds to it.
    :smile:
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    awwwwwww congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping to eventually do a 5k this summer....
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i cant wait to feel what you just felt! way to go mom! u did it! and u can do it again and again!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Awesome :)
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great job! Great story! Good luck to you as you continue!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've got my first 5k on July 7th. Finish the first one, work on time with the next ones!
  • Kelhulsey72
    Kelhulsey72 Posts: 75
    Options
    Heather I AM SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! I had no doubts once you got out there and got started you would do great! You have been working so hard towards so many goals and TODAY you can mark your 1st 5k off the list. Gosh, I'm going to say it again, I am so PROUD of you and I am so glad you didn't let fear stand in your way! WAY TO GO Girly!
    Happy Mother's Day to you! :flowerforyou:
    XOX Kelly :heart:
  • Kelhulsey72
    Kelhulsey72 Posts: 75
    Options
    Good job. I remember running my 5k a couple month ago at a time of 17:49.
    What was your time?
    Your FIRST 5k? You ran faster than most professional athletes would...

I trained a year for it. It was hard as ****..
    17:49 isnt that impressive.
    The first place guy got around 15-16

Okay then. Either way, I think it's not about her time, but the fact that OP got it done! So well done, again :flowerforyou:

It wasn't about time. It was about her completing a goal and she did FANTASTIC no matter what her time was! She had set a goal for herself and made it happen. I am so proud of her! WAY TO GO Heather! :happy:
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am so proud & happy for you!!! This made me cry!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!