If I feel so bad every time I eat junk food, why do I do it?

Options
mrs_kurz
mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
I don't understand myself sometimes, I'm noticing myself slipping into old "going to food for comfort" and "craving food too much" ie feeling out of control and I don't like it because my biggest fear I putting the weight I've lost back on. Can someone please give me an idea of what I should ve eating each day because I'm finding it really reall hard. I'm a vegetarian and I like exercise so please please someone give me an idea of what my daily menu should look like and what exercise is good for reducing body fat %? Thank you.

Replies

• yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I know exactly where you are coming from. I think that the toughest hurdle to climb in successful and sustained weighloss is the having the proper mind set. And I too will sometimes find myself in that scary place where I feel I may lose control over food.

For me, I find that if I allow myself to have any simple carbs, then I end up craving simple carbs. So the simplest solution for me is to avoid those foods in the first place. If I don't eat those chips, crackers, breads, sugary cereals in the first place, I won't have craving for them nor have to deal with the guilt of eating them. Just say "no" and reach for some nuts, a piece of fruit or some cheese instead 8).

What's been working for me is getting plenty of healthy complex carbs, lots of healthy protein and healthy fats. Filling up on the right foods helps control hunger and avoids cravings altogether.

I'm working on reducing my % body fat working with a trainer 1-2 times a week. I go to the gym everyday over my lunch hour- 2 days are cardio only for about an hour, the other 3 days are a mix of strngth training and cardio.

What kind of exercise are you doing now?
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    No-one can really tell you what to eat exactly. I think for successful weight loss you need to eat foods that you like when you restrict too much that can sometimes backfire. You need to be able to portion control and not let your appetite dictate too much if you know that you have eaten adequately for the day but are craving.
    In regards to your macros I would just make sure I had some more vegetarian protein sources in my diet.
    I would walk a lot for fat loss.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Don't be a weakling now. Grab the bull by the horns and do this. You've done a remarkable job so far, so you know it's in you. There's no such thing as "out of control". You have complete control. You know what's good to eat and what isn't. If you do eat some junk food, just make sure it falls within your calorie range and there's nothing to worry or "feel bad" about. Enjoy it for what it is, a rare indulgement....and move on. There's no need for guilt or shame. If you're like me and like to see all of the numbers in line.....and you happen to exceed your daily count.....make up the difference in the next few days so the week conforms. Your mind plays tricks on you to make you feel guilt and shame. You can trick it back.