Glutin Free

Options
I just recently found out that I have to start eating a glutin free diet. I am very sick if I dont. I found out in this process that there is alot of things in our food I cant even say. I can mostly have anything thats not processed. Because almost everything that is, uses glutin as a binder. Anyway I am trying to lose weight eat healthier and glutin free. Is there anyone else who has to eat glutin free? I would love some advice and any food ideas.

Replies

• BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in going Gluten Free... I've got IBS-C and GERD and trying to manage with diet and better exercise
  • Tara_Janel
    Tara_Janel Posts: 48
    Options
    I don't HAVE to but I do not eat any grains at all. My daughter (5years) cannot have gluten and neither can my youngest son. We eat a ton of proteins, fruits and veggies. Almost nothing processed. Although she does love her some rice chex. There are a ton of GF flours out there too!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    There are good sites you can find, but I can personally recommend Tinkyada pasta, made of brown rice, as the one that to me tastes the best and most 'regular' including in texture, although in reheating it's not so great. I have no clue if it's recommended for actual celiac, but I would check www.dogpile.com and find sites about it--good luck! I have cut out the majority of wheat and wheat products and it has helped me so much: when I eat, say, regular pizza, my waist gets 2 inches bigger that day, but if I have as many or more calories of non-wheat stuff, it doesn't, so in general I avoid it. I'm vegetarian and make big vegetable stews with vegetarian 'meats' (not the kind with gluten or wheat though), and that tends to be my main meals, and greek yogurt and flax seeds other times of day.
  • spiked_up
    spiked_up Posts: 2
    Options
    The internet is your friend for recipes and product info. Your lucky now when I started this journey 7 yrs ago I had to buy all my stuff from on line stores. Things are better now Trader Joe's and Target as well as Walmart and a few other places carry a much larger selection of items. Be careful to check out the nutrition lists on the products as some still are higher in sodium and carbs than you might like. Lastly try and have an open mind on the new textures you will find, I have been able to make a lot of my favorite treats gf but they aren't quite the same. Good luck in your journey