I Can Buy Health insurance - Strange NSV?

Options
Last year, my BMI reached 47.4. I had no symptoms of any health issues, although that doesn't mean I didn't have any health issues. I also didn't have any health insurance. My wife called a company I'd been with before, and they wouldn't insure me due to my weight. According to the rep, I'd have to lose more than 50 pounds to even be considered. They referred me to a high-risk health insurer, and the cost was phenomenal. I just figured that I'd never get health insurance.

As of today, I am no longer obese according to the BMI scale. I went past the 50 pounds they suggested. When I input my weight in the morning, I will have lost 105 pounds or so. Soon, I will see about getting insurance.

Please read an article I wrote on losing weight. I hope it helps someone. Copy and paste the link into your browser:

http://paducah2poland.blogspot.com/2012/05/howd-i-lost-hunert-pounds-or-from-flab.html

JT_XL__Msm.jpg

Replies

• 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome nsv! You look great. Even better, you feel good. Congrats.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    FAB-U-LOUS!!!
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! You look incredible!!! You must feel so good- physically and good about your accomplishment!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    That is superb! Nice work and congratulations!!! Being insured is a damn good feeling if something ever does go wrong!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    ...and you are so much less likely to get sick now, that you probably can get a less expensive policy, like with only catastrophic coverage! The best part is you will be so much healthier and happier. Congrats.
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    When I was much younger--still in school--I was turned down for a policy because of my weight. So I understand the feeling. I wish that slap in the face had been the wakeup call for me that it obviously was for you. It took me much longer to turn things around.

Congratulations--and you look great!
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You look great! I read your article and I agree completely. Good luck to you and your wife as you continue your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!