Can't you see I'm running???

Options

Replies

• ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    This is strange, why is he asking a female tips about working out? Women exercise a little different than men do, I would ask a female about her workout in conversation to be nice

I find this a bit insulting. I realize you're not trying to be insulting, but it is a little bit anyway.

Well I guess you should keep your headphones on, LOL... I guess if you go to planet fitness guys exercise like women, but not at my gym. Sorry if I don't go to women to get my advice! Don't get me wrong I adore women, will spot for them, jog with them, etc. But will never bug them to make a work-out for me... in fact I pretty much never bug them at the gym...
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'd probably have briefly told him that I do intervals to keep from getting bored, and ... oh, look this walk period is over.
    ^This! just because you may think its rude he may not. Try to look at it from his eyes. :-) I would have offered to maybe explain it in detail later if he wanted as well :-)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This is strange, why is he asking a female tips about working out? Women exercise a little different than men do, I would ask a female about her workout in conversation to be nice

I find this a bit insulting. I realize you're not trying to be insulting, but it is a little bit anyway.

Well I guess you should keep your headphones on, LOL... I guess if you go to planet fitness guys exercise like women, but not at my gym. Sorry if I don't go to women to get my advice! Don't get me wrong I adore women, will spot for them, jog with them, etc. But will never bug them to make a work-out for me... in fact I pretty much never bug them at the gym...

There is absolutely no reason to voice that opinion in response to a woman's thread except flaunting some sort of misogynistic pride. Women can be exactly as educated as men in sports science.
  • ChrisStoney
    Options

There is absolutely no reason to voice that opinion in response to a woman's thread except flaunting some sort of misogynistic pride. Women can be exactly as educated as men in sports science.

whatever.... why are you so annoyed today? I hope you are enjoying whatever entertainment you are getting out of this :-) me I am bored out of my mind, working at the prison and have 3 more hours to go..... so I'll play...
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend that way... :smile:

cept, I was nice to him.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    to be honest when i am working out i do not notice anything around me. he could have picked the treadmill next to me and been waving at me for my attention and i would be in my runner's zen completely unaware. i love running so much :happy:

hi chris at the prison, sorry i have no good thread ideas to keep you awake at work for the next 3 hours :drinker:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Ouch...As a women I find your response more than just a little rude....We all have choices who we want to ask for help, and if a guy prefers to not ask a woman, it's his right....Get off the "oh so politically correct" high horse and go for a run - it usually helps with general pissy-ness

I'm OK with your difference of opinion.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking he was flirting with you! If he actually wanted advice he would have understood your need ro get back to intervals and would have stuck around unti your workout was done, but since he got huffy and left he probably felt shot down and deflated.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    ...he probably felt shot down and deflated.

Shot down AND deflated. Talk about adding injury to insult. :laugh:
  • ChrisStoney
    Options
    I'm thinking he was flirting with you! If he actually wanted advice he would have understood your need ro get back to intervals and would have stuck around unti your workout was done, but since he got huffy and left he probably felt shot down and deflated.

^^^^^^exactly!!

And thank you pink_and_shin!!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Hey,...........i go to a planet fitness you joker!
  • ChrisStoney
    Options

Hey,...........i go to a planet fitness you joker!

the training center made you what you are today though.... not including the tan, haha
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Or he could have really admired your workout and dedication and wanted some pointers on how to get over a slump he was having.
    How does that make it ok?

To ask a question and try to get some tips? Really? Are we seriously so into working out that we can't take 5-10 minutes out of our workout on one single instance to try to be helpful to someone else? If so, that's really sad in my opinion.

While she's right in the middle of her workout? He was rude, plain and simple. You wait until someone is between exercises or finished with them.
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a creeper, good job on burning him.

If somebody needs help to figure out how to motivate themselves they should just give up now. Do it or don't. No biggie to me.
    I personally wouldn't stop running unless it was somebody in a real emergency.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

have to agree....i thought is he serious??? I can whoop most of the guys any day :)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

To ask a question and try to get some tips? Really? Are we seriously so into working out that we can't take 5-10 minutes out of our workout on one single instance to try to be helpful to someone else? If so, that's really sad in my opinion.

Apparently you train differently than some of us do if breaking your concentration, ruining your pump, dropping your heart rate, etc etc, seems like it's ok. I have to agree, explain after the workout.

Same :) no way can i stop mid sprint haha
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    "After intervals, I'll explain. Cheers."
    -wtk

^Hahaha, YES!
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm curious, if you would have found him to be attractive would you have given the same response?
  • dr0p4ah0y
    dr0p4ah0y Posts: 22
    Options
    That's why I hate jogging around my neighborhood. It's 90% retirees around here, so anytime I'm out these people keep stopping me. "OHHHH we haven't seen you in so LONNNNG! How's your mom and dad? You got so biiiig! What grade are you in now?! (which kills me because I haven't been in a "grade" in a while lol)" etc etc. Like... people, don't you see we've got something happening here?

I LOLd at your post though! I've never had anyone actually try to talk to me. I just have people stare at my stats and try to "race" and compete with me, which is annoying. Then again, I do my best to put on my unfriendliest b*tchface possible at the gym, since... let's be honest, I'm not there looking for friends and conversation, much like you! :(
  • kdecourcey
    kdecourcey Posts: 5
    Options
    run outside whenever you can! =) but doesn't hurt to just take a few seconds explain you are doing intervals and that you are happy to talk when you are done your workout.