my poor "baby"!

BrenNew
BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Awww, my "baby" (who's almost 26) just called me and told me that he has the chicken pox!!! :noway:
I feel sooooooo bad for him! He was exposed to them when he was like 3 years old, but even with his cousin (who had them) rubbing his belly on him, he never caught them! But, now, as an adult, he's got them! (and he's a newlywed too!) My poor "baby"! :sad:

Replies

• jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    I have heard that it is worse for you when you are an adult! Your Poor baby! I feel for him as well! Give him some Mom love and that will help! :wink:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Sorry to hear that! :ohwell:

I got mine when I was 17 years old! Luckily it was during the summer b/c I had a huge one on the side of my nose that looked like a booger! :laugh:

Hope he feels better! :flowerforyou:
  • mellieking
    mellieking Posts: 27
    :flowerforyou: Poor guy... Hope he feels better soon...
    Totally on a different note, but when I had my last baby... Almost a year and half ago, I had to get a Chicken Pox Buster Shot before I could leave the hospital... At 32... :laugh: I had the chicken pox as a kid too, have scares on my forehead even...:blushing: LOL...
    But I do hope he gets better :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Awww, thanks everyone for responding to a worried mother! I really appreciate it! :flowerforyou:
    I just keep telling myself that he'll be just fine. Luckily for him, he just married a nurse! :laugh: Soooo, I'm sure he'll get through this ok. :smile:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Totally on a different note, but when I had my last baby... Almost a year and half ago, I had to get a Chicken Pox Buster Shot before I could leave the hospital... At 32... :laugh: I had the chicken pox as a kid too, have scares on my forehead even...:blushing: LOL...

I have scars on my forehead too. Of all the places on my body, my forehead is the only place I have chicken pox scars...........

For a long time, I always wore bangs because I was extremely self-conscious about it...........and my mom didn't help matters along as she told me I needed to get plastic surgery on my face because the scars took away from my beauty..........
  • cowsaysmoo
    cowsaysmoo Posts: 15

I have scars on my forehead too. Of all the places on my body, my forehead is the only place I have chicken pox scars...........

For a long time, I always wore bangs because I was extremely self-conscious about it...........and my mom didn't help matters along as she told me I needed to get plastic surgery on my face because the scars took away from my beauty..........

WOW! Was your mom Candi Spelling? She famously told Tori Spelling that she would be beautiful once they got her nose fixed (Tori was 8 years old at the time).
    I have chicken pox scars on my forehead, legs, and stomach. But they've never bothered me. The ones on my legs are pretty sizeable, but who cares? I also have scars from falling off of my bike as a kid, etc. Every scar tells a story.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member

WOW! Was your mom Candi Spelling? She famously told Tori Spelling that she would be beautiful once they got her nose fixed (Tori was 8 years old at the time).
    I have chicken pox scars on my forehead, legs, and stomach. But they've never bothered me. The ones on my legs are pretty sizeable, but who cares? I also have scars from falling off of my bike as a kid, etc. Every scar tells a story.

Sometimes she acted like that.................If my mom were still alive, she would be flipping in her grave in regards to my size................

She was a very petite woman (weighed at the most 138 pounds when she was 9 minths pregnant with my sister, she was the largest child of all 3 of us)..............her normal weight was around 110 pounds.............

She stayed on me and my sister about our weight and any scars that we had.......especially around the face.

My husband tries to boost my self-confidence, but fails miserably due to my own devices............
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Awww, my "baby" (who's almost 26) just called me and told me that he has the chicken pox!!! :noway:
    I feel sooooooo bad for him! He was exposed to them when he was like 3 years old, but even with his cousin (who had them) rubbing his belly on him, he never caught them! But, now, as an adult, he's got them! (and he's a newlywed too!) My poor "baby"! :sad:
    Awww! Poor thing! I'm sure his wife will take good care of him. Hopefully it won't turn into shingles.:noway:
This discussion has been closed.