Come on People....REALLY???? Is gym decorum non-existent???

Options
2»

Replies

• InfiniteEcho
    InfiniteEcho Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The gym is relatively nice as it is a local community center gym facility but some of the clientele is questionable as you can tell. Thankfully, we do have sanitizing wipes throughout of which I so totally made use of after seeing him leave the restroom. He probably thought I was stalking him watching every piece of equipment he went to so I could avoid it!

I think I will forward this on the the Main office and see what comes of it. I'm still disgusted thinking about it.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Is this a guy thing???

Umm. Not for this guy. I also hate that kind of crap.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've never seen that I have to say. It's pretty disgusting. But on the subject of decorum, I walk in to the gym first thing in the morning and find weights all over the floor like the users haven't bothered putting them away. Then couldn;t find the weights i wanted and beleive me they were'nt being used by anyone else.

There's signs not to drop weights, the other day a guy doing a particularly strenuous set practically threw them, let a lone drop them.

I'm not perfect I'm sure but it's bad form.
  • stacyemmynik
    stacyemmynik Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think you need a new gym..I've never seen any nasty stuff like that happen where I go. We even use the cleaner and spray down the equipment we use after we we use it..including treadmills and ellipticals.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I think you need a new gym..I've never seen any nasty stuff like that happen where I go. We even use the cleaner and spray down the equipment we use after we we use it..including treadmills and ellipticals.

This is what we do at my gym too. When someone gets off a machine everyone watches them until the machine has been cleaned off. I've never seen anyone not clean one.

I'm grossed out reading about all of that. Sick!

I must admit though, I had a different image of what a "Farmer Blow" was. LOL!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    the gym I go to is super clean, and it is smaller, so it is not as packed, but the owner would probably ban the snot blower on the spot! The owner spends half his day cleaning after all.

talking about cleaning the treadmill or eliptical..... sometimes I get off and have exerted myself so much I mistakely clean off the wrong machine..... OOPs!! Then you know you got your money's worth out of the workout...
  • ladyplaz
    ladyplaz Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I now have another reason NOT to join a gym. I used to belong to one and got tired of the meat market attitude. Plus, I was always down with a cold, now I have an idea as to why.
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    umm hello!!! instead of sitting there and taking why didnt you go complain to management or better yet call these people out on their unacceptable behavior??
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    The people at my gym seem really civilized compared to most of these posts. The most disgusting thing I see in there is people who don't wipe down the machine when they're done, and even those people are few and far between.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Thank the lord I go to the Y location I do, they don't put up with that junk and clean machines and bathrooms/locker rooms regularly. Grossest thing I see is maybe sweat drops left on the sides of a treadmill, though one day there was a lady who decided to hold up the locker room cleaning because she had to do her full lotion/moisturizer/toning lotion/powder routine butt nekkid. You're at a gym, do that junk when you get out the shower at home.

I suppose it's a testament to the cleanliness when I sniffle (I have seasonal allergies and general ones like dust and perfumes and whatnot that make my nose run) too many times in a row and everyone in the room is looking at me like I have the plague.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    talking about cleaning the treadmill or eliptical..... sometimes I get off and have exerted myself so much I mistakely clean off the wrong machine..... OOPs!! Then you know you got your money's worth out of the workout...

Oh man I've done that, and I bring a small pullstring bag with me for my mp3 player and lip balm so where I was is clearly marked when I leave it there. But hey, doesn't kill me to clean off two machines, never know.
  • nickcoffey97
    Options
    Ahaha! LOL It's just like blowing your nose, except not into a tissue.