Morning Workouts - What to eat?

Meghan4330
Meghan4330 Posts: 19 Member
So I’m finally back from college which means more time to do the important stuff like early morning workouts! I’m thinking of going around 7:30-8 am and I was wondering if blueberries pre-workout and oatmeal post-workout would be good meals for weight loss/maintenance? I’ve read so many conflicting things about eating in the morning with workouts that I just want to hear opinions on here. Thanks! Let me know ASAP =]

Replies

• kjmarks11
    kjmarks11 Posts: 19
    I always do much better with a little something in my stomach before a workout. My first pick is a cheesestick, second pick is a boiled egg. They have protein and some fat and seem like the perfect pre-workout snacks. I think blueberries would be fine too - but I'd recommend something with protein.
  • meljane1992
    meljane1992 Posts: 16
    In the morning i have a bit more time to prepare a meal so i make it a good one, if i dont have Eggs (protein) then ill have some Oats, their heaps good for flushing your body aswell. I try not to eat that much fruit but at least one-two every morning =)
  • tabreo
    tabreo Posts: 3
    I always find grabbing a granola bar is quite satisfying pre workout , or a banana- post workout, depending on how much and hard I've worked out , will have oatmeal with walnuts and cranberries or an scrambled eggs on wheat toast. A cup of yoplait flavoured yogurt is great to have post a workout, great source of protein and its quick to grab and go.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    I usually eat something small, like a piece of cheese, or half a banana or granola bar 30 min to an hour before i work out. i personally feel better havin something on my stomach before i work out, but dont eat too much. Some people prefer to work out on an empty stomach but thats personal preference. Definitely something with a little fat, protien and carbs if you can, maybe a little beanut butter wih 1/2 banana , etc.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    I choose not to eat before my early morning workout as I feel it makes me sluggish. I prefer to work out, drinking plenty of water, then shower before I eat. Seems to work for me.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    I head off to work right after the gym so I have a protein drink before going most often with fruit I'm adding olive oil also I need to increase my daily fats,benefiber, and I've started adding oats also trying to increase fiber. Then after workout I have another protein drink this time just powder and skim or almond milk.
    Time is always to short in the mornings so this has been working for me