Is it possible?

leighoconnell
leighoconnell Posts: 217
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So I haven't lost any weight for the past three weeks despite my best attempts however I feel as though I am slimming down. I've noticed it in the mirror to and in the way my clothes fit, its not much but its there. Im not able to work out due to back in leg problems (in process of correcting that) so I don't think I am replacing fat with muscle. Is it possible to lose inches but no weight? Or is this all in my head.

Replies

• Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    No, I don't think it's in your mind. :happy: I used to work out at a gym and one of the best pieces of advice I got was from my trainer. He told me not to get so hung up on the scale number. The best way to tell if your hard work is paying off is standing naked in front of the mirror and inspect yourself. There are no lies when you are completely naked! Sometimes this can be a rude awakening for me! :embarassed:

Most of us like the scale number because we need something to measure, but I have found that by looking at myself in the mirror naked works! I only weigh every other Friday.

Also, when you exercise you are building muscle and the scales might take a while to catch up with your weight loss. I do think it's possible to see results in your body and not in your scale.

Hang in there! You are doing everything right!
    Kendra
  • mojomcgee
    mojomcgee Posts: 50
    I really think the journey is different for everyone due to our unique bodies. For me I have family saying I'm losing weight (I think just to make me feel better because they know I'm trying hard), and I have lost 10 pounds but I don't see it when I look in the mirror and I can't feel it in my clothes. So I'll just keep plugging on and eventually it will all distribute evenly. I've been watching my weight and exercising since May. Hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.