Funny experiemce at the gym

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
Thanfully I can laugh about it, but was gobsmacked at the time!

Not a huge fan of my new gym (Anytime is really dependent on the franchise) It's tiny and mainly men who go. It's very intimidating but I go anyways. One closer is opening up in July so can't wait.

I went Sat night about eight. About ten people there. Jump on the elliptical for five minutes. There's another guy there who was on the elliptical but was going a lot slower than me. Think it's a waste of time personally but to each their own. I finish my warm up do my NRoLFW workout and then since its interval day do that for 15 minutes. (and ive fallen in love with intervals) I'm there for over an hour. Guy doing the elliptical when I start is still on it, same speed. As I'm stretching he finishes. He walks over to me as I'm putting my jacket on and starts yelling that I'm wasting my time and I made him look like a fool and that 'dumb *****es' shouldn't lift weights and that I'll be a fat cow forever' I'm just in shock. One of the other men in there walks over and pulls him away while two of his friends walk me to my car. One of them tells me not to worry but I still cry the whole way home.

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You were just SO amazing that he couldn't handle it :laugh:

Well, that was rude of him but a tad funny! At least the other guys were nice to you can you can laugh about it now!!!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    *kitten* are everywhere don't let it get to you. Keep on doing what you are doing !!!!!:noway:
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Clearly he has some serious issues and needs to be drug into the parking lot and have some respect beat into him. However, since in most places that is illegal - you really should report the incident to manager of the facility. I'm sure they would want to be aware of someone that is potentially running off their paying members.
  • js25698
    js25698 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Simply put: The guy is an idiot!! Don't listen to him. Glad you can laugh about it. Now. Keep going. You are doing great!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What a lunatic! I think he made himself look like a fool!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I called this morning and lodged a complaint. Apparently wasn't the only one! She was glad i'd called as they wanted to make sure I was ok. They're trying to figure out the guy who didit now.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Are you eff'ing kidding me?! Where's the funny part? I was waiting for the part where he gets his *kitten* kicked. Here's the funny part: when you lift weights you cause his weenie to shrink. Seriously, and he just couldn't handle it. I'm sorry that happened to you, he sounds like an abusive *kitten*. Take pride in knowing that you intimidated him somehow and keep on keeping on.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    That is so weird and horrible! I don't know what I would have done! I probably would complain to the management though, you're a paying member and should not be subjected to that.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    That wasn't a funny experience at all.

If three gentlemen stepped in to your aid, it shows you how out of line that guy was. Please don't let that a**hole ruin your joy of life. Think of the positives: you got a great workout & and there are still gentlemen in this world. Don't waste another minute thinking about that loser.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the other gentlemen were gentlemen. What a jerk!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    He should be banned from the gym!! He would be anywhere else. what a jerk!
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so so sorry to hear that. This should never happen to anyone. What a jerk this guy is. I'm glad you had people stand up for you there. Big hugs my dear ☺
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    Its definitely hard not to take such INSANELY derogatory words seriously... but this guy is eff'd in the head! Just because you are on the receiving end of someone else's psychosis, doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong. Now every time you see that eliptical machine, you'll probably laugh at how insane that guy was. What a creep!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Are you eff'ing kidding me?! Where's the funny part? I was waiting for the part where he gets his *kitten* kicked. Here's the funny part: when you lift weights you cause his weenie to shrink. Seriously, and he just couldn't handle it. I'm sorry that happened to you, he sounds like an abusive *kitten*. Take pride in knowing that you intimidated him somehow and keep on keeping on.

I agree with them ^ That is totally psychotic, what a freaking nut!!!!! I am glad you reported him, you should have and he should be kicked out of the gym! Glad you aren't letting it depress you...I would have been crying too...after I broke his nose!!!!:ohwell:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    That is SO wrong!!

Hope you are OK!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others...thank goodness there are gentlemen in the world and three of them stepped up. I would have probably responded just like you did--cry all the way home, then not be able to decide whether to laugh or be furious. Probably both. I hope you jump back into your routine with confidence when you return to the gym--obviously what you are doing is taking care of your body and it is changing. And you must look darn good doing it if some a**hole decides he needs to try and bring you down a few notches! :)
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment: you obviously threatened his masculinity. I would have told him something like: "Working out like this will get me in shape... NOTHING is going to make you stop being a little b****. Why don't you get off the treadmill and move some weight around?"

But I'm a jerk like that.

Keep up the good work!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    What an absolute prick. I hope he gets banned.

Good luck to him on the elliptical :laugh:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    HE was just pissed because you could lift more than him! LOL!

Don't let it get you discouraged. He's probably a VERY lonely man.

If it were me I probably would have punched him in the face. Then probably cried later because of his idiocy.
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That seriously SUCKS lozze, you definitely need to realize it was his burnt ego talking. you should feel proud you made him feel threatened. means you are doing great!!!! Keep up the good work. Don't stop you are inspiring me to lift =]