HELP...I feel like eating everything in sight!!!

Options
OMG seriously I've been doing this 2 and a half weeks now...down 9.5 pounds but the last two to three days have been bad eating wise, and I haven't done any work outs in a few days. I'm not hungry right now but I've got that urge to just eat everything! Sabotage is the worst!!!

Replies

• TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am here honey! Have some protien and then a glass of luke warm water and go to bed. Keep in mind we believe in you and know you can do this!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    How many calories have you been eating? 4.5 pounds a week is a little much so I wonder If you've been under eating too much. If you do not eat enough over a period of time your body will just say FEED me.
  • MrsUnderwood
    MrsUnderwood Posts: 114
    Options
    LOL...isn't it crazy how mental this game is??? I don't know why it's so hard sometimes. I ate a popsicle, maybe not the best decision but I definitely need more water today. I'm not even hungry its just one of those weird I wanna eat everything days.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I find sometimes if I want to eat everything but i'm not really hungry/don't really need food a sipping at a hot drink can be a nice replacement for gorging myself LOL.
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1600/day but I often go over it. I eat 400 each for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then 200 cals for snacks both in the morning and afternoon.
  • Vivest
    Vivest Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Mrs. Underwood, :) I totally understand how you feel. I actually thought of starting a whole new thread regarding "self imposed sabotage".

I've been on this journey for nearly two years this fall. I've gone down a total of 33lbs with a lot of hard work and portion control (myfitnesspal has helped with the caloric intake) yet on more than one occasion have I found myself stumbling back into mindless eating. I've managed to zero in on when I do it.....watching TV/Movies. I've also zero'd in on the fact that I eat during stressful times.

I call it mindless because it's almost as if I disconnect from my determination and goal to get where I want to be and eat as if the amount of work I'm doing is enough. (excusing myself) I have times like this more often than not during this difficult stage. I'm at my halfway point and it becomes harder to loose the weight off. I feel like it's "self imposed sabotage" because I do it on my own knowingly...totally aware that I should be more disciplined but I'm not and a feeling of "I don't give a ...." sets in. Then I feel like crap about it because I know how hard it is to get where I'm at now and how much harder I'm making it for myself.

This is a wicked battle and it through it we realize things about ourselves that surprise us,and scare us. I just wish I knew why I have these kind of relapses. (Food I feel is also an addiction, hence my use of the word..."relapse") :)

Have others experienced this as well?

Viv
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I use water to curb my appetite the best I can. I also find (for crazy sugar cravings) that eating something tiny (a square or two of chocolate) before a meal satisfies my urge for it.

Also, don't be too strict on yourself. Dropping as much weight as you have in 2 weeks sounds a little risky, so be good to your body. Not saying you aren't, but yeah!
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    Yes mindless eating...that's probably what it was cause I was watching tv and bored.

About the amount of weight I have lost so far, I definitely have not been under eating, also, I have been working out 3-4 times a week, sometimes less. I think it's just that I have a lot of weight to lose so maybe it's just starting to come off faster? I have no idea, but I'm glad for the success. I've also been drinking a lot more water.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    When do you feel like eating the most.

I generally try and eat around 700-1000 for dinner, my cal goal pre workout is 1910
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1600/day but I often go over it. I eat 400 each for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then 200 cals for snacks both in the morning and afternoon.

Ok good, I'm glad to hear you are eating enough. I would suggest gum to help prevent mindless eating. I chew gum if I find myself wanting to eat when I know I am not hungry. Also brushing my teeth helps too!
  • hlawry83
    hlawry83 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am right there with you. I have been eating mindlessly a lot lately and sometimes can't, or don't know how to stop. It is a vicious cycle that I am trying to understand and get a handle on.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yes, I deal with that all the time. Go drink some sort of hot tea. Works for me.

Or make a trip to the gym. I find that helps.

Don't be around people that eat. I find the hardest thing is being at a table with a person who is eating. Then I want to eat too!
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    I think it was a mixture of being alone (my husband was out playing poker with the boys), and watching tv, bored, etc. I really just wanted to eat and eat, I didn't, but I wanted to...lol. The thing is I knew that if I did give into it it would take me forever to feel satisfied and I would not even feel satisfied so I'd be just worse off and feeling horrible.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    That would do it. Right now, I want to eat and eat. Simply because i am in jury duty and bored.

Hang in there!
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    LOL, it's awful when we have business lunches at work because I can take anything I want from the leftovers. I failed at that last week by taking a cookie...a big cookie lol.