Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I want to let the real me shine!

I am a 43 year old lady who never thought I could have become a "heavy" person. My younger sister as well as most of my dad's side of the family have struggled with obesity all of their lives. When I was 18 I weighed in at a whopping 98 pounds soaking wet! I use to run, lift weights, sprint in competition, and do gymnastics. Granted, that has been quite some years, but my biggest sprint now is wondering if I will be healthy enough to turn 50! Sad, but true. As a Registered Nurse, it is so difficult to educate my patients on diet choices, exercise, when they look at me and obviouisly see that I do not practice what I teach. I find that I am tired nearly every day, I sleep poorly, and feel pretty blue when I cannot fit into the cute capris I bought just last summer. What is wrong with me. How could I have such poor self esteem and will power to become the heatlhy person I so long ago used to be? It does not help that I get little support at home regarding my weight battles and feelings of overall sadness about my weight issues. My husband has been in the same jean size since we met nearly 26 years ago.

My goal is to learn self discipline with my diet selections, portion control, and establish and stick to an exercise regime on a weekly basis. I want to prove to myself that I can never be the same 98 pound kid I once was, but that I can be less overall! I want to feel better for me mostly, and let my self esteem shine through my layers so to speak. I want to assist in a code blue to save a life......not become a statistic myself. Through reaching my goal I am hopeful that my blood pressure will be better controlled, my sleep will be more restful, and that I can set an example for those out there that feel exactly as I have for a very, very long time. I so hope that I can get the encouragement I need to feel like I want to feel.......lighter and happier.