Need a healthy detox

Options
I have had some major intestinal grumbles the past few weeks because of not eating right. I need a healthy detox to clean up my system. I want all natural, so I was thinking of just eating lots of fruits and vegtables and lots of water for a week a two. Would that be ok? I mean I dont want to starve myself, I dont want to drink lemon water for two weeks cause that doesn't seem very healthy.

I just want to give my system a break from dairy, meat, grains ect.

What are your suggestions?

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    eat a balanced diet from a variety of sources to cover you're micronutrient needs with adequate fibre and drink minimum 8 cups of water.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    you could try the 10 day juicer thing. I'm finishing a 60 day juicer cleanse but I cheated at around day 30 and this last weekend. look up fat sick and nearly dead. but yeah juicing for 10 days should do it. and then just watch your fiber after that. I'm a carnivore so I usually take fiber to keep my intestines happy :)
  • purprincess33
    purprincess33 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon juice is a great detox.. I learned that last year in a diet center i joined. I do about 4-5 cups of lemon water a day. It depends if i think my day before was a bad a day or not on how many i do. Lemon juice is a great way to speed up the metabolism.
  • ch3tan
    ch3tan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have 100ml+ of aloe vera gel everyday. Works for me. Try it for 15 days, you'll know in that time if it's doing you any good.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Detoxing is not needed. Your body is VERY capable of taking on any change in diet and digests the way it's supposed to. Unless your liver and kidneys suck, a detox is just a waste of time and money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition