Others that have lost a lot, does this feeling ever go away?

Options
2»

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I started practicing for the idea of being morbidly obese by becoming a recluse before I ever gained the weight. I'm actually starting to get out more now. As for food indulgence, if it fits in my macros, I'll eat ice cream, beer or whatever. I had ice cream last night. I haven't had a beer since around christmas.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Right dead on about the psychological portion being as or more difficult than the physical part. I've totally had to face a lot of feelings that I used to shut up with food lol.

Reading some of these responses I realize that I think it's more a fear that I will become too complacent with "bad" food choices than the actual one candy bar. Like I will just slip into making it a regular part of my routine to eat junk or eat out. I don't see that happening but I think that is the fear.

Thanks for being my sounding board. I don't feel like many people can get where I a coming from if they either haven't been overweight or haven't lost weight. I totally focus on fitness more than the scale number now but the fear of the all mighty scale number is still there, I feel like I have to stay aware of it as an indicator that I am staying fit and active if that makes sense.

People who have never had issues with food have a hard time "getting it". And its just so hard to explain to someone else something that I don't always understand myself. I suspect that there will always be a part of me that has the "fear" but I am hoping it gets better with time. I think we need to learn to trust ourselves that after working so hard we will NOT get complacent. This place is my safe place to land and I plan to stay here, logging, forever :)
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Atjays you're right one doesn't have to have lost a whole person to "get it"
    It's weird because I don't feel guilt over eating some thing or fitting it into my day as much as I just feel like it will somehow be noticeable. I will show up to my workout class thinking I bet they can all look at me and know I ate candy lol!

Thanks for all of the responses

Nichole I have 9-14 pounds left to lose. It is very exciting yet scary. I'm like you in the it becomes such a focus it's almost an obsession. I guess I'm just ready to feel normal and be normal.

That cracked me up about thinking people can notice that you ate candy!!! haha I always think the same thing when I go to zumba and maybe people can tell if I'm even up a few ounces in my weight. :noway:
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i dont think its necessarily a bad thing. Helps keep you on track !
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I agree, the feeling is there for a reason!

The only thing that has worked for me is to completely switch to clean eating. I have zero cravings for any processed food now, and anything I WANT to eat is healthy, so there's no guilt involved. It took about a year to do it, but it has been totally worth it.