I'm New!!!

Options
SamiRose
SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
Hey everyone!

I'm new this this site! It's seems AMAZING!

Here's my problem, I am a fitness instructor, personal trainer and a Strength and Conditioning assistant at a College. All sounds pretty awesome right? I would consider myself very experienced in resistance training and cardiovascular exercise. However here's my problem!

I am an extremely hard worker, both at my daily life tasks, and working out. I workout regularly, and try to eat right. As best as I can on a College girls budget.

I work so hard to "look" right, but I just can seem to lose weight. I know what to do, and how to do it. I just need to support and motivation to keep me with it. My roommates are identical twins, both EXTREMELY pretty girls, extremely thin and attractive. It makes me so envious to know I work so much harder at fitness and wellness then people and still have "overweight" status. Yes, I know I'm muscular and that needs to be addressed, but it's more then that. I have a big gut, super huge legs (mostly b/c I'm so short and so muscular) and awful biceps and triceps. But I want so bad so look like I'm a fitness instructor, to look thin, cut, and toned down.

I just need some support and motivation, I have all the right tools, I just need some push to make me practice what I preach!

<3 SamiRose

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm new this this site! It's seems AMAZING!

Here's my problem, I am a fitness instructor, personal trainer and a Strength and Conditioning assistant at a College. All sounds pretty awesome right? I would consider myself very experienced in resistance training and cardiovascular exercise. However here's my problem!

I am an extremely hard worker, both at my daily life tasks, and working out. I workout regularly, and try to eat right. As best as I can on a College girls budget.

I work so hard to "look" right, but I just can seem to lose weight. I know what to do, and how to do it. I just need to support and motivation to keep me with it. My roommates are identical twins, both EXTREMELY pretty girls, extremely thin and attractive. It makes me so envious to know I work so much harder at fitness and wellness then people and still have "overweight" status. Yes, I know I'm muscular and that needs to be addressed, but it's more then that. I have a big gut, super huge legs (mostly b/c I'm so short and so muscular) and awful biceps and triceps. But I want so bad so look like I'm a fitness instructor, to look thin, cut, and toned down.

I just need some support and motivation, I have all the right tools, I just need some push to make me practice what I preach!

<3 SamiRose

Hi SamiRose, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Sounds like you don't have to worry too much in the exercise department! :wink: But maybe "seeing your numbers" and "working with them" will help you out. I know it sure did in MY case anyway! :smile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Welcome! This site will help you reach your goals. Once I started to log in all my info I was amazed at what I was actually eating. It helps! Good luck
  • SamiRose
    Options
    Thanks Bren!

I really liked your advice on record/log the food before I consume it! Thats a great idea! I'm just getting into the hole record what I eat and watch my numbers thing. I've been recording what I eat in a notebook on my own for the past few weeks. Then I found this site! SUPER HELPFUL, and appears to be accurate!

Thanks again!

<3 SamiRose
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bren!

I really liked your advice on record/log the food before I consume it! Thats a great idea! I'm just getting into the hole record what I eat and watch my numbers thing. I've been recording what I eat in a notebook on my own for the past few weeks. Then I found this site! SUPER HELPFUL, and appears to be accurate!

Thanks again!

<3 SamiRose

Anytime! I LOVE helping other people lose the weight that they want, and start feeling lots better about themselves! :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • SamiRose
    Options
    thanks so much! Everyone is sooo nice and supportive!

Good luck with your goals!