Just need to clarify that I am right

Options
Now as years of yo yo dieting and not eating very much at all sticking to these cals is a walk in the park my only question am I defo not over eating as it seems like a whole lot of food for me.

My cals allowance is 1380 plus I gain 300 a day walking and when I use the elliptical I gain a further 550 so on a walking day I then have 1680 cals to eats for example today the kids are off school and my hubby is off too so we went to mcdonalds for a treat (we go once every 4mnths) and I thought I would stick to the chick caesar salad and I was under on my cals so I also was having small fries they were out of salad and I ended up having the filet o fish with small fries totally gutted at the amount of cals I was eating I was starving and we didn't have time to go anywhere else. but when I came home and logged all my food I took out my banana that I have at 3pm and took off the marshmallow that I have on my low fat hot chocolate and I still under by 178.

Breakfast was weetabix with half fat milk 190 cals
Snack ryvita crackers 98 cals
Lunch mac d's
tea 2 slice of toast with healthy baked beans
snack hot choc (no marshmallows)

Am I correct in thinking that this is OK and I am still on track and haven't fallen off the wagon because of lunch I used to only eat a 1/4 of this so it seems a lot and I am still under.

I just would like someone to tell me yes or no I can lose weight like this I am still struggling with the concept of eat to lose I suppose (years of doing the opposite).

Thanks
Vicky
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Now as years of yo yo dieting and not eating very much at all sticking to these cals is a walk in the park my only question am I defo not over eating as it seems like a whole lot of food for me.

My cals allowance is 1380 plus I gain 300 a day walking and when I use the elliptical I gain a further 550 so on a walking day I then have 1680 cals to eats for example today the kids are off school and my hubby is off too so we went to mcdonalds for a treat (we go once every 4mnths) and I thought I would stick to the chick caesar salad and I was under on my cals so I also was having small fries they were out of salad and I ended up having the filet o fish with small fries totally gutted at the amount of cals I was eating I was starving and we didn't have time to go anywhere else. but when I came home and logged all my food I took out my banana that I have at 3pm and took off the marshmallow that I have on my low fat hot chocolate and I still under by 178.

Breakfast was weetabix with half fat milk 190 cals
    Snack ryvita crackers 98 cals
    Lunch mac d's
    tea 2 slice of toast with healthy baked beans
    snack hot choc (no marshmallows)

Am I correct in thinking that this is OK and I am still on track and haven't fallen off the wagon because of lunch I used to only eat a 1/4 of this so it seems a lot and I am still under.

I just would like someone to tell me yes or no I can lose weight like this I am still struggling with the concept of eat to lose I suppose (years of doing the opposite).

Thanks
    Vicky
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I noticed you didn't include the calories for meal at Mother Mac's but if I follow your discussion correctly you managed to eat and stay under your max calories for the day (including the exercise earned ones).

I believe you're okay with what you've done.

If you eat to your daily allowance and not to your exercise level of calories you will lose weight very steadily and probably faster than 2lbs a week and then at some point you'll plateau.

I'm allowed 1570 cals a day but this number is bumped up to 2200 for the work out I do every day. For the most part I eat to the basic level and on those days where hunger pangs hit me I will add fruit or veggies as a snack between meals -- sometimes even ACTII Light butter popcorn. However, having said that, I have on a couple of weekends maxed out my daily intake to the 2200 mark with a good bottle of wine, cheese and crackers. I didn't gain weight but it did take me a couple of days to "beat" those calories out of my system.

The point is to keep track of all your eating habits so that you can see where you will just maintain your weight or gain/lose weight by changing your eating habits.

Good Luck!