Why do I feel skinny some days and not others?

Options
2»

Replies

• lstd
    lstd Posts: 40
    Options
    total mental thing.. I sooo agree! I hate that I do that to myself.. I go and buy a medium shirt love how it looks on me the first time I wear it and then the next time I wear it I feel like I look like the michelin man... I used to be 265 and I feel every time I look in the mirror that 265 person is still there even though I"m 100 lbs lighter. The other time I find it to be the worst is when I dont workout for like 2-3 days.. : (
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Happens to me often.

I finally fit into size fat minus 10 inch jeans, and felt like a rockstar for three days, and then boom, felt fat again. But I had empirical proof that a) I had lost a lot of the weight I was looking to lose, and b) it was still gone.

But for some reason I just got glum about my weight and how I look.

I just talked myself out of it, remembering that I HAD lost the weight, that I still DO fit into my pre-fat-sized jeans, etc. etc.

Put on unaltered or old clothes. Hopefully you kept one pair of fat pants. Put those on and get back to me :-)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. More often when I've had too much sodium and I wake up with puffy hands and ankles. Sometimes it's from the way my clothes fit, or rather don't fit. Ya know when you're in between sizes and you put on one thing and it's falling off -- which is usually YAY but sometimes just a pain in the *kitten* cause you're trying to get ready & get out of the house -- then you put on another thing and you look like a marshmallow in the microwave -- all puffed up and way larger than you really are. We have those days. I've lost nearly 90 lbs. and I look at myself in the mirror and think, "My goodness, what I'm seeing right here are a lot of MFP people's "before" pics!!!" Not sure when I'll see myself as an "after".
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    I'm the same way! I felt great about the weight I had lost until I took a picture with my son a couple weeks ago at his prom. I have people tell me all the time how great I look & how proud they are at what I have been able to do in only a few months, I just wish I could see myself through their eyes!

Good luck to all of you on reaching your goals!
  • ineedthis4me
    Options
    Feeling the same thing here too. Glad to know I am not the only one. I just hope that one day I will be happy with how I look and let myself enjoy all the hard work I have done to get there.

Congratulations to everyone on all your hard work on your journey!
  • Dezzy1976
    Dezzy1976 Posts: 1
    Options
    For me, I think it's the fit of the clothing that I'm wearing on that day, some shirts or trousers fit a bit closer on different parts to others making me feel bigger.
    Either that or I can be slighty bloated from eating too much wheats, grains, drinking dairy products or other wrong drinks. :drinker: