Exercise more.. Eat more calories? Does not make sense..

Options
2»

Replies

• Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Read this and find out how many calories you really have to eat.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I set my activity level to Sedentary and I log all exercise. My MFP goal is 1200 cals (I'm 5'2"). I exercise several times per week but I try to stay around a 300 calorie burn for each workout. I'd rather do it this way and control the additional deficit with workouts. When my schedule is erratic, then I don't stress about the inconsistent workouts because I haven't set my calorie goal to assume any.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You exercise to lose FAT and not MUSCLE and to make yourself healthier and to look better.

If you just do calorie restriction, you will lose relatively more muscle and less fat.

Weight loss is mostly dietary restriction.

The other important thing is that calories are what keep you alive, thinking, and functioning. You can't keep working out and burning them without replenishing yourself. You particularly need easy to access calories when you are working hard because otherwise you just eat your muscles. Not helpful.
  • Tifffit23
    Options
    I was just wondering message too, thanks for the advice it has really helped me.