Success using Wii games?

Options
2»

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I've used quite a few of them, love using the wii sports for fitness testing, or even to play tennis (when you go pro you know you're burning calories....everything moves fast)
    We have just dance 1,2, and 3
    Just bought Zumba 2
    also have Wii fit, but use that more to weigh in and track where we're at

I still go to the gym for my main workouts.....these have helped both me and the wife, though, but wouldn't know about using just that alone.....we still have lightweight dumbells, a weighted hula hoop, and an exercise ball in the house as well. I think there is success in not sitting on the couch doing nothing, and would also say that if it works for you or keeps your interest, then by all means go with it \m/
  • brady258
    brady258 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm on my third week of MFP and so far I've lost about 4lbs. I weighed about 197 after having 2 kids. My youngest is now 13 months. I've been either walking with the kids while pushing a stroller on a nice day or using Just Dance 2 and The Biggest Looser on the Wii. I just upped my BL workouts from 20 min to 30 min. I find it easier working out at home. For one, it's much cheaper, and two I do it once my youngest is asleep. So for me it's a win win! Plus lately my son, 8 years old, loves doing the Just Dance too. We make it a competition. A few times he's actually beaten me at it! :smile:
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm using my wii to see what weight loss success I can have. I work out to wii fit plus, biggest loser, biggest loser challenge, and wii sports (love playing tennis on it). With any of these "games" I work up a sweat, so it must be a good thing. Right now, it is just more feasible to work out at home than going to a gym, but I also like getting outside and walking.