(500) Days of ...

Qatsi
Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
OK - file this under weird milestones.

Today (May 14th) is the 135th day of 2012. The implications of that are that, if you made a New Year's resolution back in 2011 and have stuck with it through all of last year plus 4 1/2 months of THIS year, then today is Day 500 for you.

For me, I gave up going to fast food restaurants as my New Year's resolution LAST year, and unlike most of my annual resolutions, have managed to stick with it for 500 days. Every once in a while I still think about how much I used to enjoy Big Macs, but to be honest, I doubt they are as good as I remember them - certainly not enough to make it worth breaking a 500-day streak for.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are, as of today, celebrating 500 days of ... something. If you're one of them, I tip my hat to you (or at least, if I wore a hat, I would definitely be tipping it in your direction). Tell us - what personal streak have you managed to keep going for 500 days?

Replies

• Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Today is my 135th consecutive day of logging on MFP and i vowed to lose weight in 2012. I am down one stone so far!
    Congratulations on your commitment - Bigmacs are never as nice as you think they are
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    500 days without fast food! That is fantastic! I started January 1st this year ( I start every January, and every Monday come to think off it!) so am on day 135... I'm also avoiding fast food restaurants, we must have spent at least £80( English pounds) a month on fast food! So my purse is healthier as well as me! I wonder how much money you have saved over 500 days!
    You are an inspiration, keep at it :-)
  • Qatsi
    135 days of keeping to your fitness commitment is AWESOME! You've been at it long enough to where the novelty has worn off and it's become a part of your daily routine. Just think - by this time next year YOU'LL be celebrating 500 days!

Anyone else celebrating 500 days of keeping their 2011 New Year's resolutions? Anyone?... Anyone?...
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    500 days of being an ex-smoker. And an ex-fiance! Both good things :laugh:
  • Qatsi
    500 days of being smoke-free - that's EXCELLENT! :drinker: Having accomplished THAT, you're already a pro at making successful lifestyle changes, so you have that working for you.

My mother just celebrated 15 years without cigarettes last week - and that was after being a smoker for 42 years. She admits it was probably one of the hardest things she's ever done - and she raised six kids!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!