Need new buddies with similar goals

melanie3103
melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
Hi all,

I've been on here on n off for a while, and I'm looking for some local buddies to help keep me on track. Ideally you will have similar goals to me..

I am 36 yrs old, currently weigh 13 stone (182lbs), I'm a 14/16 depending on the cut/style. I'd actually describe myself as a 15... :) AND I have 1 1/2 stone to lose to get to my target weight. I am 5'7". And I carry my weight really well - or so I'm told, but I'm fed up of that excuse. I want to get back to 11 1/2 stone, and stay there.... That would make me a size 12/14 in the UK, and I've been there before some 10 yrs ago, but crept up to 14 stone again !!!

I've lost 1 stone in 6 months, to get to 182lbs (13 stone) - but seem to have plateaued, having lost the motivation etc, I'm not trying as hard. As I want to lose it slowly, as I don't want to dramatically change my lifestyle (I dont really enjoy exercise, so to force myself seems pointless), I try something new and stick to it for 1-2 weeks then lose interest.

PLUS we lead such busy lives that we eat out 1-2 per week, and I love to cook. I'm getting married next April and would love to achieve these goals by then. I hope that small tweaks to my lifestyle will make all the difference, because i love my life. Realistically I am not going to eat only salads, cut out too much alcohol and exercise every day !! That's just not me, and NOT something I will stick to.

Anyone else in the same boat ???

Mel x

Replies

• nickyjl81
    nickyjl81 Posts: 66
    Hello,

We're similar in age and with the same goal. I'm 12st 11, down from 13st 5 and I want to get to 11st 4 which is what I weighed when I first met my fiance six years ago.

I'm also 5ft 7 and I always say that I'm a size 15 as well!! I want to be back to more of a 13!

Feel free to add me.

Nicky
  • melanie3103
    When is the wedding by the way ? We are getting married April 2013.

How are you finding MFP ? Are you strict ? What cals do you allow yourself ? Do you lose EVERY week ?

x
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Same boat- 36, 5'7" 182 lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • Edenman87
    Edenman87 Posts: 8
    I'm the same height and the same starting weight but with a different goal. Feel free to add me x
  • djdeja
    djdeja Posts: 5
    Hi there!
    I'm 5'8" currently 178 with a goal of 150. I've gotten down to 145 but with a recent dance with a bad bcp I've gained approx 25 lbs. I have three jobs, always on the go (but need to work out more!) and a live-in boyfriend who a super supportive (but could get on the healthy wagon himself!) Let's support one another. Remember one thing - you are a goddess! Treat yourself like one. This is temporary. Keep in the right positive mindset, always be loving and kind to youself at all times, and the most important mantra to keep close is: I am a work in progress.

See you on the boards!
    Cheers,
    Deja
  • melanie3103
    Thanks all - you are all duly added. Appreciate your support - yes let's spur eachother on.

Are you UK MFP users or from the US ? Curious as to where you are all from... :-)

It's tough because for the first time in a LONG time, I am truly happy - getting married next year, all is "lining up" - but I still continue to beat myself up over my weight.. My other half is so supportive, almost too much so ! If that is possible. I got him into healthy eating, and exercising, I lost interest, he's at his goal and still loving the exercise (!).... He's lost over 2 stone and enjoys the gym and running!! I feel a little left behind sometimes, I want to be 100% supportive, and I am 95% of the time, but sometimes it stings a bit, to see him doing so well. And I am not.

Oh well... yep - loving that mantra - I am a goddess... and a work in progress... let's do it!!! ;)

Thanks all,

xx
  • Edenman87
    Edenman87 Posts: 8
    I'm from Liverpool. I have a son who is 2 next month, I work part time, I'm studying for my Masters degree and I've just separated from my husband, I find it so hard to find the time to exercise. I've been using the Wii and XBOX Kinnect a lot lately which I usually throw on after my son is asleep or down for his nap.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Hi there. I found your post through a friend (miniberger). I started out in much the same boat as you -- 178 lbs, 5'7". I had been a size 12 (US) all my life and recently (after 2 kids) started having to buy 14s just to be comfortable and then even the 14s were feeling tight. My real wake-up call though was my dad dying of various complications from Type II diabetes. my entire family is/was overweight and i didn't want to go through the same horrible suffering he did. So i sort of saw this as something i *HAD* to do. I went gung-ho into exercise (hated it all my life) and tried hard not to look back.

I'm saying all this because I feel like in my head, I am a lot like you -- i love to cook and LOVE to eat and will absolutely never stick with this if it meant eating salads and birdseed. I can't do that. The only modifications I've made to my diet are trying to use a little less salt and oil when we cook and snacking on healthier things. I had been snacking on chocolate every day -- like... probably 500 calories worth or so every day. I will not eat Lean Cuisines or Weight Watchers crap food. I need to eat real food, just a little less of it.

The exercise thing... as I said, I hated it all my life... but I did it religiously 3 days a week -- Jillian Michaels DVDs and something. And it works well enough for me. Someone once said "the best exercise is the one you will do" and I believe that completely. I won't go to a gym, I pretty much hate running. But the DVDs are fine and now, 1 year in and with actual results, I feel guilty if I don't do them. It's not the same as enjoying it, but it's something. ;)

Why am I writing so much? I guess because in the beginning, I never really thought I could do this. I'm down to about 140 lbs (US size 8) and have never been in this shape in my whole life. I am so proud of myself. And I feel like if I could get here than you sure as heck can!

Feel free to add me if you would like. Otherwise, let me just say good luck! Find something you can tolerate doing and... you can get to where you want to be!