Heeelp

Options
I know that this is not a new topic. How could it be considering that this is a fitness forum. However, rather than weed through all of the historical files I am posting fresh in hopes that there is a glimmer of an idea I haven't considered. I work out several times a week and pu tmy all into it. I am cutting my calories below 1200 and taking vitamins. I need to lose these pounds quicker than five weeks. What more can I do? Aside from the bad stuff that I won't do, i.e. starve, laxatives. Any suggestions on how I can up my burn or pack a stronger punch to my workouts, etc...?

Replies

• particleastro
    particleastro Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Youll kill yourself at that calorie intake. Again, why the weight loss? Do you need to lose size? If so, use that a measurement and throw the scales away.

Also, what are the details of your workouts?

JU.
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE. It is counterintuitive, I know, but you need to eat what your body needs to function properly. If you eat too little calories, your body can hang on to the weight. Try it for a week and see, or do some research for yourself.

EAT MORE!
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    You´re on the wrong way Dup. What you want is Anorexia or other eating disorders. But thats not that healthy ;)
  • plyosteph
    plyosteph Posts: 17
    Options
    When I need to lose weight, I workout and eat MORE. It tricks my body so I don't go into the starvation mode we all know about. For example, this week I lost 4 lbs. by eating more fat than usual while still taking in lots of vegetables and fruits. Try it! Another recommendation - I use CLA by GNC and Colon Cleanse by GNC. The CLA helps maintain your lean muscle mass while controlling appetite. The colon cleanse I eat after a big lunch or dinner (and well, you know). Hope this helps!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Eating 1200 calories will only preserve your fat. If you want fat loss (so you can have a tighter body) then you need to eat around 20% below your TDEE and lift heavy weights. Keep in mind that your body has mechanism in place where it will naturally slow your metabolisms and burn less calories if you eat less.