Have you tried one?
Do you use one regularly?
What do you think of it?

Cheers :smile:

Replies

• Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love mine!! It has definitely motivated me to move more than I thought it would. I'm more of a visual person, so seeing the graphs of how I move really helps. I sit at a desk all day long and now I will just randomly get up and move around the office b/c I know I need to get the steps in to reach my goals that I set. I still use my HRM for my intense workouts though since the fitbit doesn't measure heart rate.
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. I really love the way it interacts with MFP and tells me how many exercise calories I can eat back if I want. I think it was worth the money. I've had mine a year and I have worn it pretty much every single day since I got it. There are days I don't get my 10,000 steps but I definitely pay attention to moving now more than when I didn't have the fitbit.
  • Fitme11
    Fitme11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell my why it says that I am linked with my fitbit, but it doesn't show the fitbits activity under exercise. It did the first day that I linked them, but now it's not.

Thank you
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit :smile:

It made me realize I burn more than I thought I did, even when I'm lazy. Echoing what another person said, I'm a visual person and seeing the numbers - especially the estimated calorie burn - really helps me. I also like that it tracks my sleep.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell my why it says that I am linked with my fitbit, but it doesn't show the fitbits activity under exercise. It did the first day that I linked them, but now it's not.

Thank you

If you don't have a fitbit calorie adjustment under the exercise tab, it's not linked. You need to manually enter any exercise above just walking, because it doesn't do it automatically. Don't enter it on fitbit, just on MFP.

I use mine everyday & I love it. It helps me think about getting the steps in, I just wish it could track stairs when I do the stairmaster. I suffer from sleep apnea, so the ability to see how well/poorly I slept is a big benefit as well.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Wear it constantly, even at night. Being able to see the graphs of your activity throughout the day make it very motivating. I had heard people talk about how it made them become more active and I thought, well, I don't really see how it's going to make me more active if all it does is calculate steps, stairs and distance. But truth is.. it really does. When it's the end of the day and you've got 9 sets of stairs done you'll be like... well, I can go up one more set of stairs and get a badge. When you're unloading groceries from your car instead of trying to carry all 13 bags at once you'll find yourself saying, oh I'll gladly come back for a second or third trip to get those other bags -- it'll be more steps on my fitbit. =)

It was a great investment for me and I have to say it definitely has helped me up my activity throughout the day.

You'll want to join some forums of other FitBit users and you'll have questions about how it calculates certain activities... like sleep. Yes, it actually shows that you burn calories in your sleep so by time you get up in the morning you'll already have burned several hundred of them. At first it'll seem a bit confusing but in a couple days it'll start to make sense. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and I LOVE it. It challenges me to keep track of movement every day and I can set different personal goals for myself based on what I see. It's a great little tool and for the money, does a fantastic job.
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My fiance, who works at Best Buy, told me about them a while ago. I was a little skeptical, then I saw them advertised here on MFP. After reading these reviews, I might get one... plus there's always the perks of getting a discount because of that whole "I'm marrying an employee" thing lol.
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have one. i do love it, but MFP has some kinks still in syncing with the Fitbit. I have the same issues mentioned by other posters and there are a few suggestions in the forums to the MFP gods to put a manual sync button on MFP to make it easier, but we shall see what comes of that.

Other than the syncing issue, I love it. It does compel me to get more movement in. I like the Fitbit dashboard that shows in colorful graphs all of the data the little bugger collects all day and night. It's a cool thing. I got mine online for only $85, I think they still retail for close to $100.
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    I have had mine over a month & LOVE it!!! Well worth the money!
  • divegeek
    divegeek Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thank you
    My MFP account hasn't been getting updates from fitbit for the last week or so. Today I finally unlinked and re-linked it, and it appears to be working now (though it didn't pull updates from the last week).

I actually use fitbit and MFP the opposite way to what another poster suggested: I use fitbit.com for everything, including entering all exercise and weight tracking (I also have the fitbit Aria scale). I use MFP only for entering food, because MFP's food database is better than fitbit's.
  • TODJ06
    TODJ06 Posts: 85
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do want to buy one; will save up the $$!