Blackberry Apps...

Options
I've started interval training to run a 5k in September. Does anyone know of a free app I can use on my blackberry? I need it to be user friendly as I'm not very technical. I want something that I can program my intervals and will tell me when to walk and run etc. If it calculated my calories burned that would be even better! :happy:

Replies

• dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Nothing comes to mind.... have you looked at Endomondo? I used it just to keep track of my exercise, but haven't tried to see if it can do intervals.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    I saw that one when I was scrolling through the apps.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    I will post the question on Crackberry.com. Probably get a few more replies as there are a lot more BlackBerry users there.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Thanks! I will do that.

I just downloaded the one you suggested. How does this work? When I do a run do I just press 'start' the workout on the app and it will give me all the info when I'm done? Sorry, I'm not very good with technology.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    I already posted the question for you, as I'm also curious :smile:

As for Endomondo, yes, that's pretty much how it works. Start to go, Stop to stop the work out. After you press Start, you then also have a Pause, so if you maybe get stopped at a corner and have to wait to cross or something.

I did see there is a 'countdown' button, and it appears to give you countdown and a 'go' command, but I don't think it's for intervals.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Okay cool! I'll give it a try on Friday when I do my next run. How accurate do you think the calories burned are with the website. I do circuit training tonight and MFP calculated my calories burned at 668 and Endomondo calculated it at 405 calories burned! That's a big difference! Both have my weight/age/height programmed. Curious what your thoughts are.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    MFP is WAAAAAY over calories burned, IMO.

Endomondo is closer, but even the BB app and their website is different, with the BB app being closer to reality.

I usually use my HRM, which is pretty close to the Endomondo app, and create my own exercises in MFP.

Once you create an exercise in MFP for a current weight (such as "running, being chased by big dog") and you put in the duration and cals burned, it remembers the exercise so next time you just have to enter the duration next time and it calculates the calories.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Thank you! That's good to know. I figured I'd be best to go with the lowest burn even though I'd love to take the higher one. :wink: I have been considering not even logging exercise in MFP and just tracking my food. Especially now that I'll be logging my exercise seperately.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    I thought about that, but I don't like seeing negative numbers :smile:
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Good point! I don't like seeing it either.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    Just had a reply on Crackberry. Someone suggested using the app Sportypal....not free though, but looks to be a trial.
  • jmarie911
    jmarie911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you use your browser on your phone there is a link on the home page that says Mobile. When you click it it gives you the options for all of the different apps (iPhone, BlackBerry, Andriod, Etc.). Just click on the BlackBerry and it will take you to it on your App World. It's called "Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal".

Hope that helps...
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Just had a reply on Crackberry. Someone suggested using the app Sportypal....not free though, but looks to be a trial.

Thank you for all your help! :) I appreciate it!
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    If you use your browser on your phone there is a link on the home page that says Mobile. When you click it it gives you the options for all of the different apps (iPhone, BlackBerry, Andriod, Etc.). Just click on the BlackBerry and it will take you to it on your App World. It's called "Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal".

Hope that helps...

Thank you. I do have MFP on my BB. Just looking for an app that is free that I can use for interval training. The one a friend of mine uses doesn't have a BB app. Just iPhone and Android.