Trainer or No Trainer????

Options
arisher
arisher Posts: 15 Member
Hi,

I've had a trainer since January, I've had great results in my strength and endurance but no weight loss. I'm thinking about stopping my training sessions, mainly because of the $$ and giving it a try on my own. I'm worried about the accountability. Any thoughts????

Replies

• MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've been working with a trainer since late December. For the first month, i lost 1 KG (about 2 pounds) and i was heartbroken. Then i found MFP and that was really what started me losing weight.

And i now do some sort of work out most days, even when i don't see my trainer (who i affectionally call Demon Spawn from Hell or DSH for short).

But to be honest, i constantly learn from my trainer and find her to be an endless source of inspiration, motivation and accountability. I have just decided to re-up and will be shelling out a pile of cash for the next 30 sessions, but quite frankly, i think she's worth every penny, for me.

I think it's a really personal decision, but if you have a good trainer, one you have a click with, i'd strongly consider staying the course. It's a serious investment in your health.

Then again, you can always go it alone for a while, and if you feel yourself slipping, that will be the information you need to make your next decision.

Good luck!