New Balance Duo Sport Watch/Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I got a New Balance duo sport watch/heart rate monitor as a gift. Can't seem to figure out how to use it! It says it will calculate calories burned... Anyone know how to work this thing!? I'm seriously frustrated! Wondering if it's not the watch for me. I really don't care about my heart rate when working out as I don't know what it all means etc. I'm more interested in calories burned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• To fully utilize and understand the benefits of heart rate training, it is first important to do a Metabolic Assessment. You can go to www.newleaffitness.com to find a location near you. I unfortunately do not know anything about the New Balance monitors. I would be able to help with any Polar monitors, most Garmin monitors, and the latest and greatest digifit monitor. Feel free to let me know if you want me to elaborate on anything.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - looked yours up online and they look similar, but that doesn't mean they are. :tongue: Did it not come with an instruction manual, or are you just trying to get used to using it?
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - looked yours up online and they look similar, but that doesn't mean they are. :tongue: Did it not come with an instruction manual, or are you just trying to get used to using it?

It came with instructions, I just don't seem to be getting it. Says to press view/RST and toggle through the HRM/CHRONO mode and there are supposed to be 8 options. All it does is beep and my screen says the date and time. I skip to the next direction to see what happens and I press STR/STP and all I get is AR ON or AR OFF. That's it! I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I'm looking to be able to set it up so I can get my calories burned when I do my run.
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    To fully utilize and understand the benefits of heart rate training, it is first important to do a Metabolic Assessment. You can go to www.newleaffitness.com to find a location near you. I unfortunately do not know anything about the New Balance monitors. I would be able to help with any Polar monitors, most Garmin monitors, and the latest and greatest digifit monitor. Feel free to let me know if you want me to elaborate on anything.

I'm curious why monitoring your heart rate during your workout is helpful. My resting hr is typically about 65 bpm. I did touch the heart rate on my watch yesterday after my workout, so it was after even my cooldown, and my hr was at 129 bpm. I did a 35 minute interval workout. A 5 min warm up, run for 1 min, walk for 1.5 min, 7 intervals and a 5 min cool down.
  • cminor5
    cminor5 Posts: 11
    Options
    Did you ever figure this out? I too am having the same problems but when I went online to print the instructions, I also ran into your site, questioning how to work this monitor. If I gain any information, I will let you know. Just curious what you found out. Sorry, I can't be of any help, just yet.

Oh, one more thing, I cannot get mine to read the heart rate and says that it's always off, so you are one step ahead of me.
  • tabimami
    tabimami Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello did anyone figure it out my head is hurting from trying lol
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I'm curious why monitoring your heart rate during your workout is helpful. My resting hr is typically about 65 bpm. I did touch the heart rate on my watch yesterday after my workout, so it was after even my cooldown, and my hr was at 129 bpm. I did a 35 minute interval workout. A 5 min warm up, run for 1 min, walk for 1.5 min, 7 intervals and a 5 min cool down.

I have a Polar FT60 and love it.
    This might help to understand why a heart monitor is a good idea. Watch video

http://www.polar.com/en/smart_coaching