P90X transition to "Insanity"!!!

Options

Replies

• tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    With Insanity it is almost all cardio based, so you may lose some strength and muscle you gained during P90X. I would suggest following the P90X schedule, but subbing in Insanity workouts for Plyo, Kemp, and Yoga.

^^^^
    That is what I did. I started P90X a year ago and was following their schedule. Gave up because I knew my body needed more cardio. Started back a month ago but changed it up. Do my own schedule. Every other day is one of their Cardio's like Plyo, Kempo or Cardio X. Strength training on the other days and doing nothing on my rest days. Wow, did my results change. Down 7 inches in my waist. Not as much lost on the scale but it's because I am gaining muscle. I just pay attention to measurements. Tells more of the story.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of Javorik's workouts, Top Miliatary workouts and crossfit, plus my running, rpm and elliptical. Most of the modern fitness hot sellers originated from Javorik's. He is a legend.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have done Insanity alone - full program and P90X twice - alone full program
    Now I am doing the P90X / Insanity hybrid and love it!! it really is the best of both worlds!!!!
  • MargotAllen
    MargotAllen Posts: 63
    Options
    I just started Insanity today (fit test) and it kicked my *kitten*! Haha! But I'm motivated and ready for a workout tomorrow. I have 4 months to shred 30 pounds. I hope it's possible to do it!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi guys just completed P90X with good results lots off muscle gained
    And a respectable 17lbs weight loss!! Started Insanity this morning
    And wow these 2 programs couldn't be more different!!! Looking to touch
    Base with anyone currently doing Insanity or completed or those looking to start
    For support!!! Have a great day!!!

Have done P90X 6 times, and obviously love it. Insanity is just waaaaaaay too much cardio for me. I use it once in a while but would never do the whole program 60 days straight.

Tim
  • Callicia143
    Callicia143 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am currently doing P90x and so far I do not like it at all. I am about to order insanity, because it seems to be more of what I need. I dunno maybe I am just a quitter who needs to stick with it. But I dont want to bulk up, I want to be leaner. And honestly I enjoy the cardio portion of p90x but not the weights and stuff.
  • BizReynoldsS
    Options
    Now I am doing the P90X / Insanity hybrid and love it!! it really is the best of both worlds!!!!

What is the p90x/insanity hybrid anyway? Is it a program you can download and follow?
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    yes

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/77408650

What is the p90x/insanity hybrid anyway? Is it a program you can download and follow?
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity today, well the fit test anyway lol Kinda dreading but looking forward to tomorrow, if I tone up my jelly belly and can do a push up by the end of it I will be a happy lady - any weight loss on top of that will be fab :bigsmile:
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It combines the strength training of P90X and the cardio of Insanity. the cardio of P90X wasn't enough of a challenge for me...this is.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets

• thor3698
    thor3698 Posts: 8
    Options
    Be sure to do body measurements when doing P90x, you'll notice more changes there than thru weight loss. After p90x down 2 pant sizes but no huge weight loss because of the big muscle gains from the workouts!!!
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Insanity will burn fat like no other!
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Damn, I need to get off my *kitten* and try P90X. I have it, just haven't found the right time to do it. One of the pretty sad reasons is the fact that I literally have nowhere to set up and pull-up bar and have been trying to figure out a comparable substitute for it.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have finished Month 1 of Insanity and I absolutely love it!! I went down 2 pant sizes and lost 6 lbs during that month....I hear Month 2 is a lot harder so I am looking forward to that! Anyone can add me!! I'm all for support!! :)
  • Callicia143
    Options
    they show you alternatives using resistance bands. do you have the bands?

quote]
    Damn, I need to get off my *kitten* and try P90X. I have it, just haven't found the right time to do it. One of the pretty sad reasons is the fact that I literally have nowhere to set up and pull-up bar and have been trying to figure out a comparable substitute for it.
    [/quote]
  • Callicia143
    Options
    I have finished Month 1 of Insanity and I absolutely love it!! I went down 2 pant sizes and lost 6 lbs during that month....I hear Month 2 is a lot harder so I am looking forward to that! Anyone can add me!! I'm all for support!! :)

that just makes me want it more now. but i think im gonna try to stick it out with p90x, because i need to build muscle anyways and i think i will get better results if i do insanity after p90x. because i will have the endurance and strength. kwim.
  • thor3698
    thor3698 Posts: 8
    Options
    Check out the "Terrell Owens" power bands excellent alternative to chin up bar
  • BizReynoldsS
    Options
    It combines the strength training of P90X and the cardio of Insanity. the cardio of P90X wasn't enough of a challenge for me...this is.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets

Awesome! Thanks!
  • MargotAllen
    MargotAllen Posts: 63
    Options
    I started Insanity today, well the fit test anyway lol Kinda dreading but looking forward to tomorrow, if I tone up my jelly belly and can do a push up by the end of it I will be a happy lady - any weight loss on top of that will be fab :bigsmile:

I just started today with the fit test too! We should be buddies! :D
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options

I just started today with the fit test too! We should be buddies! :D

I've accepted your FR Lucrecia ;0)