Do you have pets??

Options

Replies

• nicole0177
    Options
    I have a puppy named Stella that is the love of my life!!!! She really naughty but she is just so cute and i couldnt liver without her!!!:heart::heart:
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have leopard gecko. She is currently the classroom pet. I don't mind sharing.
  • opatt23
    Options
    Great topic! I have a black lab and he is now 1 year and 2 months. We dont have any kids yet so he's our baby. He's the most human dog ever.

Whoo Hoo to all you pet lovers! :wink:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have two dogs. My husband always wanted a big dog. So we have a 100 pound American bulldog, Georgia Peaches, who will be 2 in May. We got the little puppy that I've always wanted in January. She is a 7 pound 4 month old Shorkie (Shih-tzu Yorkie mix) named Luey Belle (short for Polamalu Isabelle -- we like the Steelers). Georgia is a relaxed incredibly passive dog. Luey is a little fireball. We decided to get my little dog before we had kids so she could be all potty trained and all settled into our family before I'm taking care of a newborn. Four days after we got Luey, we found out I'm pregnant. We're sue in September so we have 7 months to get Luey potty trained and slightly less crazy!
  • sonnybunny
    Options
    I have a hamster named Coco Puff, a frog named Sonny, and 2 dogs. Ive been taking our overweight dog on my morning walks so she can lose sum weight too. :wink:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I have three grown kids and I have 4 furry kids. All cats.

We have Thumbkin a yellow kitty who is older than the hills and is called so because he is doublepawed. He can pick up pencils but can't write yet.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then we have Yogi and Boo Boo they are brothers who look alike and are gray and black striped. They are younger, Yogi has no sense of humor and Boo Boo will go out in the rain to get wet because he knows he will get toweled off (courtesy of my youngest daughters training)

Lastly there is a stray who is completely black and is part siamese and we name him Elwood for one of the Blues Brothers because he sings the blues when he has to go to the vets.

So sorry to hear of any pets passing away . All my kitties are fairly old so I treasure every day we have them. I have had many pets over the years and losing one never gets any easier.
    Someday I will have a dog again. I've had three and I don't think my kitties would tolerate one at this point in their lives, much as I would like a walking partner. Oh Thumbkin will go blackberrying with me and talks to me to find me when I stray off.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    my dog and best friend happy scrappy hero pup formerly known as lady vader also known as girl and brown died on feb 4, 2008. i still cant believe it. i miss my brown. she was my only pet.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :cry: :cry: :cry: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

There are no words...

:heart: :heart:

*Kistinbee*

I am so so sorry for your loss and for the other who posted about their precious cat...I would like to suggest the Rainbows Bridge pet loss grief site. I don't have the link now but I am sure you can find it quickly. Last July I lost my beautiful 1.5 yr old Schnauzer, Mac, due to the negligence of the staff at a boarding place he stayed at. He was attacked by another dog and died 2 days later from his injuries. I think about him every single day. It is hard to lose a loving pet. I have a mixed breed who was rescued over 2 yrs ago, Lily, she was Mac's best friend. And we rescued a Dachsund, Salchi, a month after Mac died. He is now Lily's good friend.
  • kat1000000
    kat1000000 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    We have 4 basset hounds: Rosie, Bommer, Thor, Daisy. A yorkie mix named Bentley, 2 cats named muffy and fluffy, and a pond full of fish. Oh i forgot to mention a 18 & 12 year old daughters and a husband. Does this constitute a ZOO? LOL I also help with the local basset hound rescue and a local all breed rescue, so you never know what else i could have week to week!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Guin will pass over the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow afternoon. For those not familiar with this poem, I've put it below. It will make you cry.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  • tikigirl13
    Options
    Mary,
    I am sorry for your loss. I am the mommy of three mini dachshunds, and I love them more than anything in the world. I know this must be a hard time for you. My thoughts are with you. I'm new to this site, but I hope to get to know you. Take care.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You have my sympathies on your dear pet. I had a cat who adopted me when I first moved to this area. She had to "approve" of Donna before I could ask her to marry me (actually, truth be told, once Kahlua discovered Donna, I was just "moving cat furniture"!). We had her for thirteen years together before we had to put her down. She was having mini strokes and just ailing so that we couldn't bear to see her in pain. It is a horrible thing, and I know how you must be suffering. I still miss the little tyke.
    We currently have a beautiful Australian Shepherd and two cats (Donna of course feeds every stray between here and Bend, but that's another story!). And two horses. They are all very precious to us.
    Your baby will never be able to be replaced, but she will never truly be gone either, because she is in your heart in ways that can never be erased.
    Cowboy:flowerforyou:

By the way Kristinbee, your Brittany's are beautiful. They are one of my favourite breeds of dog.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Tee hee! I arrived home to a mess from my monster-raving-looney-kitty have raided my hair band and other trinkets drawers in the bathroom. I'd obviously forgotten to close the door when I left today, although I wouldn't put it past her to have figured out how to turn the doorknob. After all, she DID learn how to open my closet doors!

Her sister is much more demure - she gets the little monster to do everything for her. But as her sister plays a great game of fetch, I'm not too hung up on the occasional mischief.

It's nice to come home to someone who is actually glad to see you - if only for the food treats! LOL!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    We have two Jack Russell Terriers! Fiona(3) and Puggy(5)...
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I work at a fish hatchery...does that mean that I have 400,000 pet fish??!!:laugh: Actually, we get a handful of blue trout every year (genetics) and they would die in the wild. So I kept one and named it Nemo (gimpy fin). We still don't know if it is a boy or girl after 3 years! I'm going to find out this year... all bets on female.

I have always been a cat person. Unfortunately, my boyfriend is allergic! We would have a dog but you can't take them in the National Park where we do all our hiking, and that would be totally unfair to the dog. We also travel internationally every year and would hate to impose on our friends for 3 weeks at a time. However, we dog sit for friends and co-workers sometimes.

At the hatchery we have a Siamese cat for rodent control but really she is the personal office greeter. She came from the pound and is named Kitty. She is schitzophrenic (as most cats are) but I picked her out and love her like my own. She sits on my lap every day and sounds like a horse running from one end of the office trailer to the other for no reason at all. She even has her own personal bedroom! Spoiled rotten we say.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I work at a fish hatchery...does that mean that I have 400,000 pet fish??!!:laugh: Actually, we get a handful of blue trout every year (genetics) and they would die in the wild. So I kept one and named it Nemo (gimpy fin). We still don't know if it is a boy or girl after 3 years! I'm going to find out this year... all bets on female.

I have always been a cat person. Unfortunately, my boyfriend is allergic! We would have a dog but you can't take them in the National Park where we do all our hiking, and that would be totally unfair to the dog. We also travel internationally every year and would hate to impose on our friends for 3 weeks at a time. However, we dog sit for friends and co-workers sometimes.

At the hatchery we have a Siamese cat for rodent control but really she is the personal office greeter. She came from the pound and is named Kitty. She is schitzophrenic (as most cats are) but I picked her out and love her like my own. She sits on my lap every day and sounds like a horse running from one end of the office trailer to the other for no reason at all. She even has her own personal bedroom! Spoiled rotten we say.
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    We just got an Austrilian Shepherd this Sun will be 4 weeks, he is 3 months old and we named him Tucker. He is a handful. I have a 3 year and 1 year old sons and the puppy is harder to take care of then them.
  • ladydianab
    Options
    I couldn't read the rainbow poem, yet, but I hope that I can find it when I am ready. I have a 14yr old male black/white cat named Zippy. He isn't well right now and only sleeps and eats. I know the time will come soon. I also have Julius a crazy, fun loving, tabby that is 5. My son loves that cat and they continually have a love/hate relationship. I have had cats all my life. I like them in pairs and it has always been that way. When it is Zippy's turn I know that he was given a good life (we adopted from the shelter and always do) and in turn we will in time give another kitty a good life. Now I am getting teary eyed and we are all still here.
    On a lighter note: When Patrick (9yr son) wanted a puppy I thought I would get him off that idea by, well, getting a gerbil. And since Gerbils are said to do better in pairs and I always have two cats, well, yeah I did. Just an FYI; when the young clerk says "yes, they are both males" Do NOT believe it!!!! When the first batch was born it was kind of neat and the pet store said they would take the next generation. Why I didn't stop there I don't know. Well, now I have seven gerbils (the pet store has a one time limit I guess) 4 males/3 females and yes, they are separated. So for those who don't have a pet my number is...
    For the person who has the beta, I have thought of that, too. They like to live alone.
    di
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Mary, for sharing comfort with all of us in your time of sorrow.

I think I speak for all of us as I say we are ALL keeping you in our prayers and we will be with you and Guin tomorrow.

Sweet dreams, little Guin. Go play.

:flowerforyou:
  • Panthera
    Options
    So sorry to those who have recently lost their pet or have made the decision to end their days with dignity and love.

I have four cats -

Panthera, at 16, is the matriarch. She is a calico.

Arrete, 3, who was semi-wild and adopted from the Humane Society. She is white and black.

Parcheezie, 3 and also adopted. He loves the foster kitties I look after for the Humane Society - he licks them and even lets them nurse!

Fluffy, 3, adopted, weird but nice. He and Parcheezie are both black and white.

I volunteer at the Humane Society and have fostered approx. 150 cats/kittens in 3 years. I love cats!!

But......right now I am fostering an 8 year old pitbull named SweetiePie. She is my walking buddy. (14000 steps today)!!
  • cjsm1cat
    Options
    I love my spoiled little cat Sport. He will be 10 in September, and boy, is he a talker. I've had him since he was a kitten that we adopted from P.A.W.S. (Pets Are Worth Saving) in Misawa, Japan. I guess he is my little Japanese kitty. We can always find him sleeping somewhere or doing something lazy yet cute. I found him in my niece's carseat the other day, just sleeping away like it was the back of the couch. Well, he's my kid, so I guess he felt it was appropriate for him. He's strange and sweet, and very affectionate. Darn thing eats lettuce and tomatoes. Goof ball. lol think he might be ready for a buddy soon, so I may be making a stop to my local human society and then to their vet, properly named the Snippity-Meow Bowwow. God bless our little, and not so little friends. My mom has five of the not so little loving dogs that think they are lap dogs. Goofy things actually try to bite the water coming from a hose. Gotta love furry friends