Weight/BMI down 18 lbs in 2 months.

Options
What's my secret? Lifting weights, clean diet, eat fat to lose fat, Advocare supplements. Keeping your macros in line, Carbs, Protein, and Fats. Use this site to track those 3 items alone.

Theory that rapid weight loss is a bad thing is crap. Blood tests are better than ever, at 32 I've got more energy, feel better, and in better shape than in college and I was a collegiate soccer player.

Replies

• fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    If possible you leave your diary open, i have been trying to do the same the last few weeks and would like any help can.
  • tabithaanne
    tabithaanne Posts: 38
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
    What exactly is your definition of clean eating?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    What's my secret? Lifting weights, clean diet, eat fat to lose fat, Advocare supplements. Keeping your macros in line, Carbs, Protein, and Fats. Use this site to track those 3 items alone.

Theory that rapid weight loss is a bad thing is crap. Blood tests are better than ever, at 32 I've got more energy, feel better, and in better shape than in college and I was a collegiate soccer player.
    One, ADVOCARE SUPPLEMENTS. Not needed, or really effective.* Two, 18 pounds in 2 months is not "rapid weight loss." It's normal weight loss, under 2 pounds per week.

Congratulations on your progress.

** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. <-- This is right on Advocare's website, about every single one of their product "claims." In other words, there's no real proof that the product does anything, they just say it does so you will buy it.
  • bgronostaj
    bgronostaj Posts: 6
    Options
    Clean eating. For instance my breakfast consists of:

2 Scoops Advocare Muscle Gain Protein Powder
    2 tablespoons of All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
    2 Tablespoons of Flax Seed oil
    Dash of Cinnamon.

About 717 calories or so. Then when I get to work I eat two hard boiled eggs.

For lunch, big salad, with a protein, shoot for 25 grams. So a chicken breast, sometimes 1.5 chicken breasts, vegetables or salad. Then about two servings of Mixed Nuts for my healthy fats.

Dinner, usually some steamed vegetables, steak/chicken plus shrimp. Possibly some berries.

If I snack, it's fruit but only in the morning, try to keep my carbs down later in the day. I personally shoot for these percentages of my weight.
    Fat - .8 per lb of body weight
    Protein - .8 per lb of body weight
    Carbs - .5 per lb of body weight.

Post workout and supplementation:

Advocare Mass Impact (Creatine)
    Advocare Post Recovery only if hard workout, replenish some carbs, add protein, limits soreness next day.
    Advocare Thermoplus (Morning & Before lunch
    Advocare Catalyst
    Advocare Spark (2 times a day)
    Ad
  • bgronostaj
    Options
    "One, ADVOCARE SUPPLEMENTS. Not needed, or really effective."

Totally disagree with your comment about the need for supplements. In our daily nutrition, there's no possible way we get all the nutrients we need. Helps with plateaus, and many other needs. Joint promotion, fatty acids, immune system boosts. So many good things about supplements.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Totally disagree with your comment about the need for supplements. In our daily nutrition, there's no possible way we get all the nutrients we need. Helps with plateaus, and many other needs. Joint promotion, fatty acids, immune system boosts. So many good things about supplements.

Funny that you say that ADVOCARE helps with plateaus because on the 04-18-2012 you posted on bodybuilding.com complaining that you were no longer losing weigh at your expected rate.

The replies on that forum were drop the meal replacement shakes at eat proper food.

I think from this post we can see that you are just selling the stuff:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/596431-advocare-24-day-challenge
  • bgronostaj
    Options
    Still using the products, changed my meal plan. Three times a day from 6 meals a day. Much higher calories. Began losing again and still using products. Yes, I am a Distributor, but what I'm doing is working. So I'm sharing. Definitely using others suggestions and have a personal friend helping me with my nutrition which lacked and he builds all the Advocare products into my daily routine. So am I just "selling" no, telling my story. Body Building.com is a great place, tons of information very helpful to many people.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Actually, it's very easy to get proper nutrition from food, and it's actually better for the body to get nutrition from food. Of course, none of the supplements you listed have anything to do with nutrition anyway.