Just Dance Vs Zumba for WII?

Options
EuroReady
EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
The household has Just Dance 2, Just Dance 3 and the Michael Jackson one. I love them and burn a lot of calories doing them. I've also done some Zumba DVDs, but I really want Zumba 2 for the Wii. My question is: is it worth spending nearly $40 on Zumba 2 if I already have all these Just Dance games? Even though I WANT it, I am not sure I SHOULD. Thoughts?

Replies

• asfischer
    asfischer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It is a more intense work out... i think it is totally worth it!!
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    Although i use the kinect i have the just dance and Zumba. I think the Zumba is much better for working out as that is really what it's designed for. They are both fun but i feel i get a better workout with the Zumba.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Thanks for asking this, I have the same question!! :bigsmile:
  • Valarie73
    Valarie73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with other posters. Get it. You won't regret it. It's a great workout - and so many better options than Just Dance. I have one of the Just Dance for Wii and I hardly use it. Love my Zumba more. :)
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It does burn more calories, but I like Just Dance much better. I think it is because it is easier to follow and I know the songs...
  • BirchBayLady
    BirchBayLady Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have both Just Dance 3 and Zumba 2. I thought I was working hard with Just Dance but the Zumba kicks butt. My only problem with it, and those who are younger won't have the same issue, is that its hell on my knees LOL. But yes, Zumba works you harder. IMO, it's also more fun!
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'd also vote YES, assuming you can afford to buy it. I have Just Dance 2 and 3 as well as Wii Fit and some others, and I still love my Zumba 2! It's just a little different than the others. It's so nice to be able to wear the remote on the little belt, and I think works muscles in a different way than Just Dance. I like the 20-, 40-, or 60-minute classes more than the mixes on Just Dance 3.

I think it's good to have a variety of games so you can mix it up if you get tired of one.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think its more of a personal preference thing, i have zumba and just dance 3 for the kinect, zumba requires WAY more coordination and since i'm about as coordinated as a fish on a riverbank zumba tends to lie on a shelf gathering dust. I'd say go for whichever you find most fun and will use most.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Give me an idea of how many cals you are burning on this ? I fancy giving this a go...

The Just Dance in particular - as i too have ZERO co-ordination. Can you just do a few songs at a time, or is it set up as an hour class or ?? How does it work ??

x
  • Edenman87
    Edenman87 Posts: 8
    Options
    Just Dance has a 'Just Sweat' mode where you tell it what you want to do per day, so 2000 sweat points is about 6 songs.
    I think I heard a sweat point is the equivalent of 4.2 calories but I may be wrong. I do enjoy Just Dance, I like the mix of songs on there.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    get gamefly. 16 dollars a month to rent unlimited video games. you just sent them back in the mail. im waiting for zumba to come in the mail right now!
  • EuroReady
    Options
    Thanks for the input! Is the coordination a big issue with Zumba? Because I am terrible at Just Dance but move a lot so even though I get a pathetically low amount of stars, my heart rate monitor shows my effort. Will Zumba hold you back on levels and stuff if you aren't GOOD but still moving a ton?
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Personally- I'm obsessed with Zumba 2 for wii. I burn between 9-10 calories per minute with the zumba- which add up quick! Although I've never tried the just dance series- I STRONGLY promote the Wii zumba 2!!!
  • EuroReady
    Options
    I just want to stress that my coordination is embarassingly bad, so I don't HIT the marks exactly when I should. But I still try and have fun. What I meant before was if Zumba makes you unlock songs, classes, etc because I won't be good enough to unlock anything, even if I am dancing like a crazy person.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    No- Wii zumba doesn't hold you back... but you do open more "extras" (which are not workout related) the better your scores are. I am NOT a good dancer- but still score 4-5 stars per song. As long as no one is watching me- it's SO much fun. There is only one dance move in one song that I cannot do. I am not coordinated and run into walls.... often.
  • EuroReady
    Options
    Thanks! You've convinced me to get it!
  • mztashondat
    mztashondat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have both and I love both. I use Just Dance when I want to just dance and have fun. I use Zumba when I want a time frame to work out and get a good sweat. If I weren't doing other cardio I would probably do Just Dance more often because I like the songs and can work up a good sweat.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    i swear by Zumba for Wii, more of an intense workout.

The days i cant make it to the gym or just dont want to deal with the craziness of parking lots and waiting for machinese i do this coupled with a few other things. I burn an easy 250 on zumba