Any Advice, routines or Tips for Safe Pregnancy Workouts!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i was able to run for the first 20+ weeks of my pregnancy, but after that i used a lindsay brin pregnancy workout dvd and a gaiam prenatal yoga dvd while i was pregnant...both were broken up according to trimester and even though they weren't as strenuous as what i was used to prior to being pregnant, i would strongly recommend both (after checking with your doc of course) ;) i think both helped me to get back into the groove post-pregnancy :) my daughter is almost 6 months old and i am ~5lbs from my pre-prego weight :) good luck and congrats!!! :)
  • AliceInBumperland
    Options
    Hiii!
    I'm now 4 months with my first baby and I've been exercising right the way through my pregnancy so far.
    I do running, swimming and yoga and am really enjoying it.
    I've found this site really helpful when I have questions or am looking for new workouts- http://www.fittamamma.com/section.php/3/1/exercise_in_pregnancy

Hope this helps!xxxx
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Given the placenta previa and the potentially life-threatening complications that presents, you need to listen to your doctor and not the Internet on exercise.

Otherwise eat right, don't go crazy "eating for two" and the weight will come off after.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Given the placenta previa and the potentially life-threatening complications that presents, you need to listen to your doctor and not the Internet on exercise.

Otherwise eat right, don't go crazy "eating for two" and the weight will come off after.

It may be a little too late. The OP is from 2012.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 13w and haven't felt like exercise until this week. I used to do body pump and combat twice a week but haven't since finding out I was preg. I've lost some weight too in recent weeks so kind of reluctant to push myself and that resulting in losing more weight and gentle walking or cycling is so boring!