Met my calorie goals and didn't lose any weight last week.

Options
2»

Replies

• MummyTina29
    MummyTina29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this for a couple of days now and i love my drink too :drinker: i used to drink in the week but this week im going with out :sad: but on a Friday and Saturday i will have a drink cos its the weekend if that stops me from losing weight il probably have to stop that too :sad:
  • jlfs88
    jlfs88 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi my name is Debbie, I also didn't lose weight this week and exercised 3 days for 45 min and kept my calories way under my requiered 1,680 I was told to take in for more than 3 days. I wieght 265 and am 5'3. At that amount I should have lost at least 2. I am in tears as I write this. Yesterday I ate much less because I was sure I would lose this morning. Don't know what to do. My stomach was hurting because I was hungry yesterday!
    I am so upset. I am gonna go swim in a few mins to get mysel calm. I am even thinking about not going I am so depressed. I have to lose some weight. My friends are all bragging about how they lost 4 pds or 3 pds the first week at there diet meeting and they are eating more than me. I do have a 3 oz coctail at nite but not everynite and count it in my calories.I don't eat sweets, just a piece of dark chocolate. Do I have to give up my small drink or wine at nite to lose weight now. I have always been able to have a small drink in the past and lost! What is up. I don't know if I can give that up too after giving up most breads and rice's. Help please!
    I like to have a drink with my husband at nite, it is our time.

At this weight you should definitely be consuming more calories. I was 192 pounds and had to eat 1900+ calories a day in order to lose weight. I made the same mistake everyone does, eating 1200 calories, starving, and getting no results. Bump up the calories, avoid fats and processed foods, and get some exercise without overdoing it! Enjoy your daily drink without guilt! Good luck to you!
  • robin949598
    robin949598 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    From my personal experience, what worked best for me is to eat 3 meals a day and snacks in between. You need to keep your metabolsim up. I also drink lots of water throughout the day. This is sometimes hard, especially at work. But I now keep my cup full of water on the desk-next to my computer and some snacks in my drawer. This way, I am never hungry but still burning calories. (Try eating something every 2-3 hours).
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear.......remember that as your first lesson. If you forget this, everything that happens from now on will be very frustrating. Just because you hit your calorie goal every week, does not guarantee you will always see a 2lb/1lb/whatever loss on the scale. Scales are not an accurate measurement of success/failure on this journey alone. Take measurements, judge your clothes fitting, and look long term. As the sample size gets bigger, the "average" weight loss becomes more accurate.

He is right!!! don't get down.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Just seen this thread and was amazed by how supportive and encouraging it was; what a great bunch of people are on this website. Do hope things have improved for you xxx