Heavyweight P90X...

Options
Quiing
Quiing Posts: 261 Member
I am 5'6" 260 pounds and I am contemplating starting P90X on May 28th.

Is there anyone out there who has been roughly that heavy and attempted/completed the P90X program? What was your experience like? What were your results? What advice would you give as far as sparing my knees?

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I was 6'2...err well still am 6'2 but was 300 lbs when I started P90X. I didn't realize how out of shape I was before I started it. You will def be very very very very very sore. I mean sore where you will think you are on your death bed. But its a great program. I haven't done it in a while (I will occasionally do Plyometrics or Yoga). The only reason I stopped is because I do not have heavy weights at home. So I was stuck and wasn't able to build strength. My only complaint about it is that there are some moves I was unable to do because I do not have a pull up bar. Also Tony (the instructor) tells you to go at your own pace. So don't feel as if you have to keep up with those guys.

KICK *kitten*!!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    The great thing about p90x is that you can go at your own pace and build up as the program goes on. When I started, I did maybe half of the reps that they did in the video, and I paused when I needed to get my breath and some water. After 90 days, I could finish every video with ease. It's a great program. Know your limits, and as Tony says, "do your best, and forget the rest!"
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was 6'2...err well still am 6'2 but was 300 lbs when I started P90X. I didn't realize how out of shape I was before I started it. You will def be very very very very very sore. I mean sore where you will think you are on your death bed. But its a great program. I haven't done it in a while (I will occasionally do Plyometrics or Yoga). The only reason I stopped is because I do not have heavy weights at home. So I was stuck and wasn't able to build strength. My only complaint about it is that there are some moves I was unable to do because I do not have a pull up bar. Also Tony (the instructor) tells you to go at your own pace. So don't feel as if you have to keep up with those guys.

KICK *kitten*!!

Thanks hun, this helps a lot. I'm excited!
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I just finished P90X. I started at 232lbs and am down to 218lbs. It's hard but you can go at your own pace. This is TH's many push. Take a break if you need to, go light, go hard, which ever makes sense for you but try to push to do an extra rep (improve each and every time).