Exercising Before Bedc

Das_Modell
Das_Modell Posts: 167
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
if i did some light exercises before i go to bed, would it keep me awake or would it make me sleep better. Im thinking of doing the stretching part of my dvd at home when i wake up and when i get ready for bed.

Replies

• SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    This is a highly debated topic. Personally, for me exercise wakes me up, so I typically will exercise in the morning. However, I know a hand-full of people that exercise and are beat tired. It really depends on the person. Health and wellness is all very personalized. Perhaps why weight loss is so confusing and difficult for so many of us.

I say, give both ways a try, what works best for you may not for others.

If working out b4 u go to bed right now works great, then perhaps don't change it. Why change something thats working?

Feel free to ask me more advice. I'm a Senior in College for Exercise Science. I personal train, and teach numerous Group Exercise and Aerobics classes.

Good Luck with your goals!
  • depends some days I do 75 mins on my elipicatal and I am so beat I fall asleep other days I do weights and I am awake. Not much help huh?
  • hungrybear
    hungrybear Posts: 45
    I agree with SamiRose that it's a personal preference. I heard that it is better to exercise in the morning because it jumps start your metabolism, and it gives you more energy the rest of the day. For me, I have no time in the morning and so on, so I usually work out after 9pm, after my dinner has digested a bit. I find that the adrenaline usually keep me awake for 1-2 hours after working out...and then I get really tired. So I don't go to sleep until 12am usually, and if sleep time is not a problem for you, I am sure you can work out at night too.
This discussion has been closed.