Running out of time.....

Options
At the beginning of the year I started off trying to lose 40 pounds before our family vacation in June. I started, I stopped, I binged, I sat, I did everything except lose the weight (I lost 9 pounds). Now, I am a month from our trip, can't lose 31 pounds in a month! I just wanted this to be a chance to feel comfortable in pictures, happy in my bathing suit, etc. All I can do is start over today, but I'm feeling pretty crappy about it....

Replies

• Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Don't feel crappy, you look gorgeous in your profile pic! Honestly, I don't know your stats, but if I looked like you do in that photo, I'd be strutting my stuff! You can see my starting point and current weight in my ticker, so you know I'm being serious here.

Please try not to let this ruin your vacation...just do what you can between now and then, and enjoy!

And hey, even if I end up losing 40 pounds between when I started and when we head out on vacation in a couple months, I'm still not going to be a joy to witness in a bathing suit, but I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of being with my kids and hubby, and off from work!! And I'll know I look - and FEEL - at least a little better in a bathing suit or in photos than I would have if I hadn't done anything at all. Something is almost always better than nothing!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You lost 9 pounds! OK - so it's not the total you were looking for. You are still 9 pounds closer to your goal.

You've recommitted .... that's good. Just make a new goal (something obtainable) .... to be the healthiest you can be by that time. Good luck!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    don't set a goal of losing XX pound by XX date as all that will do is make you feel worse if you dont meet it.

Set a healthy goal based on what you have left to lose, eat well and exercise, and you will feel fabulous on your holidays :-)
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Im guilty of setting time sensitive goals as well....it took me a while to get out of the whole "so many lbs by this date" mentality. I have now decided to just say "so many lbs doesn't matter what date" it is tough when you have something coming up that you really want to look good for. My thing is fast approaching (June 2nd) and I have just learned to say "no matter what, on that day, you will have tried your best" it is hard to break out of those time sensitive goals, but when you do it feels so good to not have the pressure on yourself! keep you head up and just know, as long as you keep trying you will get there! No matter how long it takes! :)

P.s. even when you meet the goal (like I did for something in the beginning of may) it still make you feel like you could/ should have done more :(
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel but as mentioned above, that may be too much pressure on yourself which could have adverse effects on your goal.

I put a TON of pressure on myself last week... yeah it made me hustle but half way through the week I just got sick. Couldn't eat, had no energy and all my body wanted to do was sleep...sleep...sleep. I'm going back to focusing on the small goals. Can't be disappointed in yourself if you've tried your best!

Try your best and enjoy your vacation, the other option would just be wasteful! :) Good luck!