Waist Trimming Exercise Belt

Do any of you use one of these? I have heard a couple people swear by them. I have found a few cheap ones on amazon but wanted to see what everyone thought of them before purchasing it.

Replies

• Dstarr1515
    Dstarr1515 Posts: 24
    I had one and honestly you only loose water weight.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Do any of you use one of these? I have heard a couple people swear by them. I have found a few cheap ones on amazon but wanted to see what everyone thought of them before purchasing it.

Waste of money.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member

Waste of money.

^^^
    should have said "Waist of money" ha ha
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    I wear one not for the losing weight aspect but I find it warms up my midsection and expecially lower back nicely during workouts..
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    save your money..
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    If you are referring to the belt that sends the electric pulse to activate your core then yes I tried one a few years ago and it was the worst thing I've ever done. It is not the one you see on TV now but an earlier version. I couldn't get the thing to work so I searched solutions on the Web and was told to use a wet paper towel between the belt and skin. Oh it worked! it zapped me so hard I hit the floor and couldnt' get it off because it kept zapping me. I ended up with small burns on my stomach after my 30 second seizure like experience.

So, I'll pass on the belt though I'm sure they've come a long way.
  • MikkiMcCoy
    MikkiMcCoy Posts: 45
    I have one. I've used it for a couple of months now. All it does is help to strengthen your core muscles. At this point, I mainly use it to help with my sciatica pain.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    It isn't that one, it is just a elastic band that wraps around your stomach and collects all the sweat. I hear it makes you sweat more and keeps your tummy in while you are working out. I found one on amazon for like $6.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    If you are referring to the belt that sends the electric pulse to activate your core then yes I tried one a few years ago and it was the worst thing I've ever done. It is not the one you see on TV now but an earlier version. I couldn't get the thing to work so I searched solutions on the Web and was told to use a wet paper towel between the belt and skin. Oh it worked! it zapped me so hard I hit the floor and couldnt' get it off because it kept zapping me. I ended up with small burns on my stomach after my 30 second seizure like experience.

first i think its a waste of money personally.... but if you do get it.. it is electricity so water is the main thing you would want to stay AWAY from :-) dont want something like that^^^^^ to happen
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    maybe put the link? i dont know what you are talking about lol but sweating more to me means more water weight :-) ill just gain that back when i rehydrate
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member

first i think its a waste of money personally.... but if you do get it.. it is electricity so water is the main thing you would want to stay AWAY from :-) dont want something like that^^^^^ to happen

I can say **hangs head** that I agree with this ^^^^
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    I don't wear it with the idea that it's going to slim my waist... I love wearing it because it helps keep my core tight during workouts, which helps a ton if you have lower back/sciatica pain such as myself. I feel more pain when I workout without it.

Obviously there is nothing that will magically trim your waist, otherwise this site probably wouldn't exist.
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    The Theory is that it stimulates the muscles to spasm slightly to Fatique which, again in theory, would be a small plus but these things wouldn't give you what you woulkd need not to do any core or stomach exercises. No way would it ever burn fat....Just Say'n..
  • Ripoff and potentially dangerous.

It will NOT help burn fat. It will NOT make your workouts more effective. It will NOT do ANYTHING positive at all.
    It will only dehydrate you while simultaneously raising your body temperature by not allowing your body to naturally cool itself. That is the function of sweat.

This is a recipe for stroke.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    This is what I was talking about....

41vS4wrMMrL_SS500_.jpg
  • MikkiMcCoy
    It isn't that one, it is just a elastic band that wraps around your stomach and collects all the sweat. I hear it makes you sweat more and keeps your tummy in while you are working out. I found one on amazon for like $6.

oooo I know which one you're talking about. You can also get those at Walmart. They wrap around your waist and attach with velcro. I use mine A LOT. While I do sweat a lot from it, I haven't noticed a decrease in that area. But as another user said, it does help with keep the core tight and helps with my lower back pain also.
  • MikkiMcCoy
    Ripoff and potentially dangerous.

It will NOT help burn fat. It will NOT make your workouts more effective. It will NOT do ANYTHING positive at all.
    It will only dehydrate you while simultaneously raising your body temperature by not allowing your body to naturally cool itself. That is the function of sweat.

This is a recipe for stroke.

yeah only if you're not staying hydrated.
  • djdeja
    djdeja Posts: 5
    waste of $6 and shipping. You only lose water weight (I agree with the several others). Up your cardio, greens and water intake. Also, check to see if you may have a food allergy or a chemical allergy (you might be gluten intolerant, or have an allergic reaction to some chemicals in diet products, ilike xylitol in protein bars, etc.) you might be making tummy bloat by your body rejecting something.