What can I do to spice up my routine?

Options
I have lost 61 since May of 2008 and I want to lost 25 more pounds. For about the past 3 months or so, I haven't lost weight very much or consistently but I am really not doing anything differently. I work out at the gym 6 times a week. When I go to the gym I ride the elliptical for 25 minutes and then jog at a 5.1 for at least 10 min and I also lift weights for about 25 minutes. I must admit, I am kind of bored of my routine, but there really isn't anything more I can do at my gym. Any suggestions on what I can do regarding my exercise routine and any tips for eating? I want to lost 2 lbs a week and my goal on here is to eat 1,270 calories a day and I know I haven't been too good with that... I need to eat less and healthier. So any tips that would help me reach my goal of losing 25 lbs would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    On the arobics, go faster

With the weights concentrate on the muscles being worked, focus, work till you can do no more, then do some more.

Good luck :happy:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Hire a trainer for a couple of sessions to show you how to use other equipment at the gym. Spice up your cardio by doing something other than the elliptical and the treadmill. Go bike riding in your neighbourhood, go swimming, take a dancing class or some hi impact aerobics class.
  • darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    changing the order of your workout will help also - our bodies get used to doing the same thing - just like when we weren't exercising - you have to get some muscle / body "confusion" in there - it will increase matabolism and get you back on track - also do the same with your diet - mix it up a little bit
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    there's so many things you can do it's hard to know where to begin.

Look into HIIT training, or high intesisty cross training, or tabata protocol or a boot camp workout.

All of these would be a good place to start
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if you're into work out tapes but you could try one of those! I always feel really cheesy doing them, but they are great to have at the house. Good for those times when I want to work out but don't feel like doing the normal gym routine.

Also, I don't know if you're a video game nut (I am, I confess) and own a PlayStation, Wii, or X Box, but dance dance revolution is an AWESOME workout. I also do that when I'm not really up for boring gym time, but want a monster workout. I hope this helps!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!