Race Bibs for Motivation?

Options
Ok, I just ran my first 5k. I have my bib. I was thinking of putting my finish time on the back and hanging it or otherwise displaying it for motivation to train for my next one.

What do you do with your bibs?

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i toss mine. i do too many races to keep them.

i will keep a medal or a shirt. i have made a small quilt from all of my cotton race shirts (the tech tees get used) that i hope to keep adding to as the years pass.

however, my very first bib went on a scrapbook page with the photos i took. my mom's very first race i also scrapbooked, and the first race my family did with me was also memorialized. :) if i ever did a full marathon or won a race in my age division, i would scrapbook that as well.

i like the idea of writing your time on it and displaying it where it would motivate you. keep on improving!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I had mine stuck on the fridge with my times written on them, but I took them down recently and stuck them in a drawer.

I'm in a bit of a racing funk ... since I got kinda good (not great, just kinda good) at it, I'm putting too much pressure on myself, getting too competitive, and it's taking the fun out of it.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My wife made me a bib holder that I hang on the wall. She got the idea online and that was one of my christmas presents. I plan to only keep my most recent of each, i.e. 5k, 10k, half, etc. I don't do many but I have extra hooks if I need more space.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I love your idea!

I've not done any races yet, but I've signed up to my first 5k. I've made the decision that I'm only ever going to enter races you can get a medal for, and I've started an 'achievement' box that'll contain all the medals I earn. A similar principle, I guess, but less space used up!
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I write the times on them and keep in a drawer. i wish i had a better place for the bibs and the medal(s)
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have them all in a box, waiting for the day I have enough time to make a running scrapbook. :)
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hang them over my desk at work to remind myself to exercise every day. Just wait until you get your first medal!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I put my finish time on it and hang it on my desk so I see it every day. At the end of the season,I take them down, look at the progress I make and start fresh for next season.
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I write down the race and date, my time and pace, and my AG finish on them. I have a single binder ring - that I'll put the most recent one on top. It hangs (on a small hook) in my office....
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I've only done a handful of races, but.... I do save them. I write all the pertinent info on them... Name of race, date, my time, my place in age group, place in overall age group, number of participants, etc. My first race bib is hanging on my bulletin board, and I have the other bibs in a Photo album with a picture from each race.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a small binder that I have put all of my racing bibs in. I write the date, what race it was if its not on the bid, what my finishing time was as well as my avg pace. I run some of the same races every year so then I can go back and compare and see if I am improving or not. I took almost 1 1/2 year break from running because I had a son, but now I'm getting back to it. It took me 1 yr to build back up my running speed after giving birth. I'm currently training for a half marathon!