Upper flappy granny arms :(

Options

Replies

• Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    HI, well done on the weight loss. For the flappy bit under your arms tricep dips will work a treat. Push ups work the bicep more but my instructor says to always work the front and back muscles in any group. Hope it helps... Good Luck. :smile:
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Chair dips. Push-ups are first and foremost a chest exercise. Yes you'll work your arms somewhat, but not nearly as much as you'd think. If you belong to a gym start lifting heavy (for you).
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    21's!!!!! Google them. I do those and pull ups and dips and my arms are getting RIPPED!
  • Insangelous
    Insangelous Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll look some of it up!
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yoga style push-ups with the elbows kept close to the body really work the triceps. They are pretty hard to do at first, so start with your knees down first if you need to.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I agree with pushups. I'm turning 51 soon and have the same problem. I don't know why the fat won't come off my arms. Pushups have helped the most I think, though I also use 10 lb dumbells occasionally and do triceps dips. It hasn't really taken the fat off but it has made my arms less flabby and more defined. Not smaller, just firmer. :grumble:

It's better than flabby, but I really wish the fat would just go. I guess it's an age thing because I never had trouble losing on my arms before. Pushups also make my breasts more firm, which is a great plus at my age.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Pushups and chair dips, triceps extensions, things of that nature will help.
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    push up-dips-skull crushers (my fav)....still have flab but it's getting better!
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    I like your description op, but in the UK we call those "Bingo wings". I'm not sure I can quite explain why as I'm not sure how much will be lost in translation. When women of a certain age go to play bingo and raise their hand to indicate a full house, their bingo wings flap about. That may not make much sense if you don't have Bingo where you are.
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Push-ups.

Tricep extensions.

This. And get heavier weights. :)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Same problem here....61 years old...weight loss and arms that are flabby enough to be wings and send me flying.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    bump
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    bump
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Welllllllllllllllllll if you are thin everywhere else, you may have to accept that it's a hereditary thing. Every woman in my family ( thick or thin) has this problem. EVERY woman!:flowerforyou:
  • djdeja
    djdeja Posts: 5
    Options
    KETTLEBELLS~~ that is the magic answer, I promise you!!!
  • TheLittleVoice91
    Options
    stick your arms out either side of you-keep them straight! move them in big circles (so it looks like youre drawing circles with your hands) for 15 then tiny tiny circles for 20. Repeat this 3 times every other day. it works and you can feel the burn. once you get stronger add weights.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    awesome info!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine lost over 80 pounds. She hated her arms and would insist on wearing half length sleeves all the time (even in July, in Georgia). Jillian Michaels kettlebell workouts worked for her. She just did whatever routine was available On Demand for about a month and finally wore a tank top in public last summer.
    I've been doing 3 different JM workout DVDs (two levels a day) for a couple weeks. I can already tell a difference in my arms. It makes all the pushups and planks worth the misery. Almost.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    But do they work the..... flappy side, you know the bottom side?

To target your triceps more, move your arms:
    1. Diamond pushups
    2. Arms in, at your waist (http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/tricep-pushup)