Watching my hubby eat is torture!

bribaby24
bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay so I am trying to diet constantly. My husband is at a good weight and he is young so of course he does not care what he eats. I cannot stand watching him eat whatever he wants. He is supportive of me and just thinks well don't eat what I eat. But it drives me crazy and I always get off track. I know I should have the strength to do it on my own, but it is soooo hard. Any tips for resisting the delicious stuff he gets to eat? Oh, and he said there is no way he is eating my "diet" food. :sad:

Replies

• KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Awww I feel your pain!! My hubby eats all kinds of crap that is yummy and delicious and oh-so-bad-for-you. And he refuses to eat most of my "diet *kitten*" too. :grumble:

The best thing to do is compromise. Some things you may have to buy 2 of (gets expensive, I know!) but sometimes that's just what ya gotta do. For example, we do that with milk and butter. We buy 2% and country crock for my hubby, and a smaller skim milk and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light for me.
    When I cook, I use my skim milk and ICBINB...you usually can't tell the difference :wink:

When he eats chips, soft pretzels, etc. in front of me, and I want some, I don't deny myself. I have 1 or 2bites of his prezel, or a couple chips, and THAT'S IT. It usually satisfies the craving...and then I go make something for myself that I like, that's healthy. And yes, sometimes I count out a serving of chips and enjoy the hell outta them with salsa :laugh: Also keep lots of yummy snacks on hand for yourself so you don't feel left out...I found 100 calorie harvest cheddar sunchips packs once :love: which was GREAT!!! Veggies, fruit cups, light yogurt with nuts are great too. And my FAVORITE? Tomato sandwich with miracle whip light, 1/4 avocado slices, fat free cheese and a dash of salt on the tomatoes and avocado. YUMMMMMYYYYY!! :love: It's filling, and if you use low cal bread like Nature's Own Healthy Whitewheat, it's only a little over 200 calories :smile: Good luck dear hope this helps!! :bigsmile:
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    I can feel your pain too! My husband is at a great weight, while I've been suffering through diets the last 6 years of our relationship:sad: . I changed our milk to skim, butter to I can't believe its not butter light, white bread to wheat (although he still gets potatoe rolls!), pasta to whole wheat and other minor changes. We usually still eat the same kinds of food, but I'll add an extra serving of veggies (green giant steam bags are great, no extra cooking, just microwave and serve). I also use a smaller plate, for MFP I measure out my food and it fills up the whole mini plate, my husband gets a "nornal" dinner plate and about 3x the servings. But mentally the mini plate thing works for me. Hope this helps!
    Patty
This discussion has been closed.