Teaching calories?!

Options
Hi all,

Just wondering if I should invest in one of those heart rate monitors that tells you what you are burning throughout the day? I only ask because as a secondary school teacher I am on my feet walking around the classroom for 4-5 hours a day. I see people logging their calories for walking and I feel that I must be burning as many at work. I have my settings at sedentary at the moment as I prefer to work out my exercise calories on my own and then eat some of them back.

Any other teachers log calories from day to day work? Or anyone have an opinion on this?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I would suggest changing your settings to Lightly Active, rather than logging it as exercise.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I would suggest changing your settings to Lightly Active, rather than logging it as exercise.

This!
    HRMs are good for exercise. They are not a body bugg type of thing that tracks your entire day.
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Would I also then add my workout calories separately? As I burn around 400 calories at the gym most days too?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Maybe a FitBit or BodyBugg would work well for you.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Yes. Or maybe even Active or Very Active, depending how much you work out.
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I teach secondary as well. I have my settings at Lightly active, then if I go to the gym or workout at home I log it as exercise.