question about eggplant

Options
hmmmm
hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
Does anyone know if I can bread eggplant and bake it and freeze it? I am going to make this for lunch today since my fiance is out of town and he wouldn't eat this if it was the last food on earth. Whenever he is gone I make the dishes I would enjoy and I like to introduce new foods to my kids. I also thought that when he ate those frozen processed chicken patties that I could just take a couple of eggplant patties out for our meal. Does it lose flavor or texture when you freeze it?

Replies

• hmmmm
    Options
    Does anyone know if I can bread eggplant and bake it and freeze it? I am going to make this for lunch today since my fiance is out of town and he wouldn't eat this if it was the last food on earth. Whenever he is gone I make the dishes I would enjoy and I like to introduce new foods to my kids. I also thought that when he ate those frozen processed chicken patties that I could just take a couple of eggplant patties out for our meal. Does it lose flavor or texture when you freeze it?
  • badtzmaru7979
    Options
    i dont know the answer to your question. but id still like to makea suggestion......

you should eat the foods you enjoy that are healthy and feed them to your kids whenever you like. you shouldnt have to wait til he is out of town! he is a grown man he can feed himself and should be happy your finding healthy treats you like and teaching your kids the same!!!!!!!!!!!

thats all i had to say. hee hee. good lucky my friend.
    sal
  • hmmmm
    Options
    Oh I definitely understand. My kids do eat healthy and I have been making more healthy choices for myself whether he is here or not. I make lots of veggies , white meat whole grains and such all the time. But it is easier for me to choose something that I know he hates when he is away because then I don't have to make more than one meal. He is away quite frequently at least 1 to 2 days a week so that is when I eat my out of the ordinary foods. Most which I know he will dislike just because of the name.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    go to WWW.FOODTV.COM and look up egg plant when you are there.
    They have a question and answer thing there and anytime I have had one they got back with me within the hour.
    For a short answer. I do not see the freezing it in an air tight baggy is going to make it lose its flavor.
    This is not like a bananna or apple that you have to prep with Lemon juice before you cook it.
    I think that you will be just fine.
    Not to mention that a bunch of the Veggie Burgers have Egg Plant in them. I assume that with this being the case that your freezing a whole patty should be just fine.
    --Diann...