Fastin Pills.... Would you or would you not take them?

Options
I have been taking these pills for about 3 weeks now...with the exception of the weekends. I "heard" they were recalled...but cant find the reason why. I have googled to get some info and nada... I feel like if I dont take these...I can not do it alone.

Replies

• sid719e
    sid719e Posts: 47
    Options
    Yes you can do it alone. It may be more difficult and take longer, but you can do it without pills.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I used to use redline by vpx in college when I wanted to stay up for 3 days in a row. After It wore off, I would eat a box of dominos then go into a food coma. lol so in short, no I wouldn't take them for weight loss. I would take them if I needed to stay awake for a really long time maybe.
  • sid719e
    sid719e Posts: 47
    Options
    What are your goals? Purely weight loss? Are you tracking your food?
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    Never Ever!

Take the money and buy some nice Running Shoes a HRM and a nice new jeans you wanne fit in sometimes ;)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a slight benefit from appetite suppressing supplements before, but that's on top of a good diet.
    They won't do the work for you, and in all honesty, you're better off spending the money on better food.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    How much would you pay me? I suppose I'd do it for $750/week.
  • Shandril
    Shandril Posts: 36
    Options
    Amen to that.
    I'm struggling like you are ... been trying everything with no results ...
    but I don't want a quick fix. If I get thin, I'm staying there!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have been taking these pills for about 3 weeks now...with the exception of the weekends. I "heard" they were recalled...but cant find the reason why. I have googled to get some info and nada... I feel like if I dont take these...I can not do it alone.

If you can't do it alone, what do you plan to do once you've lost all the weight? Take these pills forever?
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Nope. Pills can mess with your heart and other organs...not worth the health risks!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    No pills work, for one thing. And secondly, nobody needs to use a pill to lose 4 pounds.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I did not take any crazy pills or use any fad diets. I used to weigh almost 300 pounds.
    Now?
    2193703_2119.jpg

Bottom line?

Yes, you can do this on your own.

Eat well, exercise, drink water, and be patient.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    you CAN do it! so many success stories here! throw them away...they are bad news.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I did not take any crazy pills or use any fad diets. I used to weigh almost 300 pounds.
    Now?
    2193703_2119.jpg

Bottom line?

^^^^This (congrats BTW)

The pills are a crutch and, most likely, not a terribly effective & potentially dangerous one at that.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    your prety
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

agreed.
  • WolfEyedBear
    WolfEyedBear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about diet pills too - but I think everyone hear says it well.
    You can accomplish it - set your goals, work hard on your goals, and enjoy your success when you get there.

Avoid the pharmaceutical answer - make your success your own!

I am just starting out - we can both make this work : )
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You're trying to lose 4 pounds. You can do that without pills.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take pills. It might be longer doing it the harder way, ie through exercise and better diet, but you have a much better chance of keeping the weight off. I see it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet.
  • GEE1241
    GEE1241 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    don't take them. I did phentermine for a 9months! yeah i lost the weight but it lead to panic attacks not worth it. plus the weight comes on quick. now i'm really learning how to eat and get this lifestyle change done!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have used those stacker pills before. They just made my heart race like I had 10 cups of coffee. You can do it without them, you just have to WANT it bad enough!