Transition from losing to maintaining

Options
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated form any/ all of you out there who have hit their goal weight and made the transition over to maintaining. I am looking at hitting my goal weight any day now and trying to prepare myself for the switch. Just don't want to screw up the 100+ pounds I have just worked so hard to lose.

Any advice would be most welcome...

Replies

• acman145acp
    acman145acp Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Im going to tag along on this since im very close myself
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated form any/ all of you out there who have hit their goal weight and made the transition over to maintaining. I am looking at hitting my goal weight any day now and trying to prepare myself for the switch. Just don't want to screw up the 100+ pounds I have just worked so hard to lose.

Any advice would be most welcome...
    Congratulations
    I just reached my goal weight this week. Don't expect fireworks and congrats from MFP. Nothing happens, very disappointing :sad: What you need to go into goals and reset to maintain this weight.
    I got an extra 250 cals to eat but I am only 5'2".
    Since I have all the good habits I have learned over the 7mths of losing weight I believe I will maintain. My new motto is Maintain not Gain!
    Good luck you have come far and you are NOT going back!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    Stick with what you have been doing and give yourself a little wiggle room on the scale number. Set a "whoa!!" number that if the scale goes up to that you focus a little more on your diet to keep the weight off. Add back in the extra calories sloooowwwly. I didn't and promptly put back on a couple of lbs. Now that you are at a weight you are happy with, give yourself non-scale goals. Body fat %, doing a fitness challenge (marathon, 10k, whatever). You need to have new motivations (besides how great you feel and all the new clothes). Congratulations-100 lbs. is amazing!