Tentatively Diving In

Options
Well, it's that time. I'm not okay with my weight hijacking my full enjoyment of life anymore. So, here I am trying something new. Hopefully, this will be the key to my success. I'm not great at asking for help, but I could definitely use some. I'm mostly just need accountability--people to read my posts and know what I'm doing (or not doing) in regard to my health. You know, some thumbs up when I do well, and some encouragement when I slip. Anyone up for being part of the team?

Replies

• nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This is a great site with lots of wonderful and encouraging people!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    It's ok to dive in headfirst! The commitment feels really good!

Accountability is one of the great things about MFP. When you log everything you eat, and every exercise you do, you're forced to be honest with yourself. It's really helpful to have friends on here, they can comment on your progress and exercise you do and encourage you to keep going :)
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You can add me:) Welcome! The last time I was at or near my goal weight, I was a Freshman or Sophomore in high school (I'm also 35). I've tried 'diet' after 'diet', but this is what has worked. This is real life-eat well, and exercise. Be aware of what my body is doing.
  • tables24
    tables24 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am all for having accountability partners to keep me going! Go for it because together we can do it.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!!! The more partners, the better ;)
  • bama_sweetheart
    Options
    Thats awesome that you have lost 100ilbs. Do you have any secrets :) The weekends are always the hardest for me.
  • nitzmahonewife
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! This is awesome!!!
    Okay, I'm trying to figure out the features of this site still (just logged on about an hour ago.) How do I add people?
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    You sound smart than I was at the start...
    I almost didn't sign up, because I didn't think I'd stick with... so glad I gave myself a chance to succeed.
    Everyone has their own path, but baby steps were the key for me.

Good Luck!
  • faithstephenson
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! This is awesome!!!
    Okay, I'm trying to figure out the features of this site still (just logged on about an hour ago.) How do I add people?
    Click the user's name on the left. That takes you to their profile. There should be a 'add friend' button. Click it:) you can send s message w/ it or not.
  • faithstephenson
    Options
    Thats awesome that you have lost 100ilbs. Do you have any secrets :) The weekends are always the hardest for me.

Thanks:) no real secrets. Find what you can do for the long haul. For me, that's real food, smaller portions, trying to get in some exercise.to up my calorie allowance reasonably, without lifting it so high I either have to stuff myself or eat a ton of junk (though I will have the occasional splurge when I've earned it:wink: ) don't give up, even if you've messed up. You can always get back on track.
  • nitzmahonewife
    Options
    Thanks faithstephens!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Absolutely feel free to add if you wish as well as anyone else. We all need encouragement in our daily life :D
  • faithstephenson
    Options
    Thanks faithstephens!

No problem:) I'm happy to help
  • beachlover718
    Options
    We all benefit from the accountability and support on here! Welcome, good job taking the first step! (I'm adding you as a friend, please accept :smile:
  • angieglyn
    angieglyn Posts: 23
    Options
    I pretty much dove in 3 weeks ago myself. I need all the encouragement I can get as well. Add me if you would like.:happy:
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    6926196415_e13251c89f.jpg
    why did you start by Nenabug, on Flickr

You can do this! And we'll all be here to cheer you on. :wink: