upper body strength HOW??

Options
Ok walking is great and the cosntant moving involved in the day to day office work and light household cleaning and cooking keeps my lower body is reasonable state. Any ideas how to incorporate upper body workouts into day to day process. I am not a gym kinda person and do not do well using machines - what is left?? Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Replies

• pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    PUSH UPS....they've been amazing for me. I got Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred...able to maybe do about 8 girl push ups. a few months later and I can do about 40 straight, and 10 man-push ups...something I've never been able to do in my life! also, get a set of weights and go to work!

Cindy :heart:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    There are some good upper body exercises on this website. It uses your own body weight so no expensive equiment to buy.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/tipsandtricks/a/basictraining.htm
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    push ups, yoga and pilates. Gaiam has a great series of yoga and pilates DVDs that you can pick up at Target and Barnes & Noble for sure, and of course at gaiam.com. some of the workouts are only 20 minutes which is great for a busy day