Going to Vegas Next Week = FAIL!

Options
2»

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I went to Vegas for 4 days in March, drank my body weight in champagne (at least), ate crap, walked a lot, came back and I'd lost a pound. Don't worry about it! If you walk everywhere on the strip during the day, you'll burn hella calories :)
  • shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's a great place to get in LOTS OF WALKING!!!! Buffets are great for lots of fresh fruits!!! You can go and not gain. Just make wise choices and limit your alcohol intake to 1 or 2 drinks a day.

1 or 2 drinks a day? Those better be BIG GULP 1 or 2 drinks a day you're talking about ;) hehe jk

haha thats what i was thinking...i've never been to vegas, but if you can order drinks with diet pop, or better yet skip the pop and do straight shooters!!! haha...have a great time!!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It's only a FAIL if you continue with the same behaviors after you get back!

^^^^^^ AGREED!!!!!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I've been to Vegas 2x since I started on my journey. I honestly went and had fun, trying not to worry too much. I will be honest and say that I didn't reduce my alcohol intake lol but I did watch my portion sizes. I gained about 5 lbs each time. The first time I had it off in 2 weeks, the second time I had it off so quick that it never even showed up on an actual weigh in day.

So go have fun, you will be walking LOTS!!!
  • janetlyn73
    janetlyn73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Isn't there a lot of activity you can do in Vegas to burn calories?

I don't know, I've never been there, I'm a Vegas Virgin...

There are so many places to see and just walking the Strip will take an entire day! I love Vegas....
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I love Vegas the best places to eat for the buffets are the belagio and the rio OMG too good lol maybe you should stay away from them hahahha Im going to Punta Cnan all inclusive on the 30th for 10 days Im in trouble but I dont care Ill just get back on track when I get home

Have a Great time you are gonna love it
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Vegas is deffinitly a tough.. but what I learned when I went last year.. you burn most of it off from all the walking you do!!! Just keep moving and HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's a great place to get in LOTS OF WALKING!!!! Buffets are great for lots of fresh fruits!!! You can go and not gain. Just make wise choices and limit your alcohol intake to 1 or 2 drinks a day.

1 or 2 drinks a day? Don't you mean a hour :drinker:
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Question though.. since I haven't eaten out at any restaurants or any fast food since I have started on the 5th..

I know for most foods from fast food places they are already automatically up there on the list when you punch it in.. but if you go to a restaurant how do you input all the ingredients etc if you're not exactly sure on what's all been put into the meal (eg salt, etc)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    There are so many places to see and just walking the Strip will take an entire day! I love Vegas....
    they hand out great cupons on the street for great stuff to do while your there
  • AimersBee
    Options

Yeah everyone tells me not to purchase tickets for anything until I get there because they are usually half the price on the strip. :)
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm going on June 4th! I wanted to lose enough to zip line down Fremont St but it didn't happen! I think I gained 20lbs in the 2 weeks I spent in Vegas last year so I know your pain!

I'm getting married there in August. I've already been there twice and I had no idea you could do this!!!! I'm doing it this time!
  • kkamin3
    kkamin3 Posts: 17
    Options
    I just wrapped a vacation myself at Daytona Beach and Disney World. Epic fail as well.

Like a few people, iEnjoy and relax. Dust yourself off and start over tomorrow.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm going on June 4th! I wanted to lose enough to zip line down Fremont St but it didn't happen! I think I gained 20lbs in the 2 weeks I spent in Vegas last year so I know your pain!

I'm getting married there in August. I've already been there twice and I had no idea you could do this!!!! I'm doing it this time!

The zip lining part, hopefully not the weight gain part... LOL
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Interval training - shot, sprint, shot, sprint, shot, sprint

HAHAHA!! More like shot, sprint, puke, shot, sprint, puke!
  • AimersBee
    Options
    Interval training - shot, sprint, shot, sprint, shot, sprint

HAHAHA!! More like shot, sprint, puke, shot, sprint, puke!

Yeah that wouldn't be a fun trip.. :sick: :sick:
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Yeah everyone tells me not to purchase tickets for anything until I get there because they are usually half the price on the strip. :)
    almost all of the cupon places strip
  • AimersBee
    Options
    Question though.. since I haven't eaten out at any restaurants or any fast food since I have started on the 5th..

I know for most foods from fast food places they are already automatically up there on the list when you punch it in.. but if you go to a restaurant how do you input all the ingredients etc if you're not exactly sure on what's all been put into the meal (eg salt, etc)

anyone.. anyone?
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options

anyone.. anyone?
    choose something from another restaurant or homemade that is close. you dont no what there putting in the food anyways