good meal ideas for the time-constrained cook

Options
rockinright
rockinright Posts: 241
Wife and I both work. We can both cook, but with two little ones running around it's difficult to do anything too elaborate (we'll forget for a moment that the 3 year old won't eat ANYTHING but his favorites).

What are some good "starter" recipes?

We're open to most things but neither of us do seafood. Otherwise we're pretty open.

Replies

• Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Cook everything on Sunday.

THat's what I do...

This past Sunday, I made baked chicken, roasted potatoes, broccoli and cheese, chicken/veggie cous cous...

All stuff that my husband can microwave before I get home at night! He's not so good in the kitchen. After the second "almost fire", I took over, lol.

Just saying, if you cook on the weekend...it's like eating leftovers all week, and SUPER easy!
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    There's an idea.

Of course, I tend to be averse to a lot of leftovers, they taste "funny" to me after a day or two. I'll eat them, but I don't usually "like" them as much as the freshly made stuff.

Although even just prepping beforehand and actually cooking that night can work for some recipes.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Crockpot recipes! There are a lot of them on this thread. So search for them. All you gotta do is put a bunch of stuff in it and let it go.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Pasta, chilli/taco salad, pancakes/eggs, stir fry, curry, leftovers, soup.