Zumba, anyone?

Options
sedb
sedb Posts: 6 Member
I was just wondering your experience with Zumba? I have tried in the past and it aggrevated a problematic disc in my back. I loved it thougha and I was wondering about modifying it a little bit? I think I'll do it without twisting so much? Any suggestions?

Replies

• Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Tried it for the first time on sunday, was fun, but I also have a bulged-disk in my back and the high impact was a little much, I think I will continue to go and just stay in the back, since it was my first time I didnt know any of the moves that they use, so i am still in a learning curve, I think with some modification and maybe a quick chat with the instructor prior to class and zumba can still be a great workout!!!!!!!!!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I agree. I like Zumba a lot cuz I can modify anything that I need to... Sometimes (when I first started out) it would get a little hectic for my heart rate so I take an extra couple seconds against the side of the room out of the way of others to catch my breath. I would suggest sneaking into a spot near the rear of the room - close to the wall if you need to take a break and recoup.
  • fiona2785
    fiona2785 Posts: 82
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I have back problems, although not as serious as yours by the sound of it. Basically I was in a car crash and with one shoulder held back by the seat belt and the other thrown forward my spine is now twisted, and pulls all the muscles etc out of place. Results in back pain, chronic headaches, and sciatica. BUT Zumba loosens me up and quite often the only pain relief I get is for half an hour or so afterwards.

I blame it on having so much fun - spend so much time laughing and I can move without worrying about what I look like. Brilliant!

Hope you can keep it up, it's done me so much good :-) Definitely talk to your instructor, she'll be able to give suggestions for how you could alter the movements to suit you.